ᝯׁhׁׅ֮ɑׁׅ֮℘tׁׅꫀׁׅܻꭈׁׅ 9

ꪀׁׅᨵׁׅ ℘ᨵׁׅ᥎꫶ׁׅ

"So," "The next thing we look at is.." Emma before everyone points to each other, "Outside!" We already got lots of stuff done on the inside." Ray replies. "Training is going well. The devices can be broken. Which leaves.." Norman says while holding his chin. " Learning about the outside and outsmarting the adults. Once that's done, we could clear the wall for sure." Ray finishes. ""Nest is learning about the escape route." Y/n says. "The escape we've planned out consists of three steps. One, we ascend the wall. Two, we safely get as far away as we can. Three, we learn how to survive and become self reliant. We have everything we need to take the first step. As for the second, the outside is key. When we leave, we should run as far as we can.So, let's examine and prepare." Norman explains. "We need info about the area outside-"  "When I climbed up the tree, I saw a big forest!" Emma interrupts. "Okay, but we gotta confirm stuff like that."  Ray says plainly. "Let's look into it starting tomorrow." Y/n says as the rest of them nod. "Oh yea, there's one more thing I wanted to mention!" Emma says as the three hum in response. "I have someone I want you to meet!"

__________________________________________________

Emma Stands on her tippy toes on a shelf as she stretches up to get a book. "The person I want to introduce is..." She finally grabs a hold of a book and opens it to the hardcover. "Right here." She says, pointing to an owl with a circle around it. "Mr. William Minerva?.. Really?" Norman questions, looking at the poorly drawn owl.  Norman takes the book. "Who's he?" "I don't know, all I know is he's the former owner of these books. But, I think it's possible that he's on our side." Emma says, gesturing toward her chest. "What do you mean?" "He's been delivering messages through the books in this library! And not just a few books, but lots of them!" Emma exclaims while throwing her arms up.  The four gather tons of books with William Minerva's sticker on it.  "So this sticker is.." "A book plate!" "It's a label that shows who owned the book before it came here." Ray adds on. "Okay, but where's the message?" Y/n questions. "Look closer!" Norman looks closer as intended, "They're all the same owl... Wait! The circle! It's Morse code!"  Norman yells out while looking up to Y/n's face hitting realization. Ray points his finger at Norman in an agreement. "Correct."

" It says... run. And this one says doubt. Then there's danger. And this last one is truth. Still, these don't mean-" "Hey check these out!" Y/n says while she and Emma come back with hands filled with books. "This is harvest, monster, and finally, farm. This is-!" "It's a message to us from the outside. Hidden from everybody else. I think we can at least trust these." Ray interrupts. "You sure?" "I tend to be more suspicious than Emma so yea." Ray says as he lightly hits a fist on Emma's head as she pouts. "It's possible that this Minerva guy could be an ally to us. But unfortunately, we don't know if he's dead or alive. So we shouldn't get our hopes up too much." Ray explains. "You're always so negative!" Emma complains. "William Minerva, he's someone from the outside, aware that our farm exists. And while it may be indirectly, he's definitely trying to help us." Y/n guesses. "That's right!" Emma exclaims. "An ally on the outside.He might even still be there! In this case, it's possible a society of humans may exist!" Norman pieces together. "Exactly!" 

"These messages, are only in books that belong to him. It's hard to tell when exactly these labels were put inside.But at least we know this one, was definitely done after the year 2015." Emma explains, showing a book to the other three. "I see,  are we aware of anything else? Like if the books have some kind of similarities?" "Nope, the genres are varied, same goes for the publishers and years they were published-" "But what about , uh, which one was it?" Y/n says, interrupting Ray. "We don't understand these two."  "One is a a run of the mill adventure novel, and the other is some kind of confusing mythology book." Ray says, responding to the girl as he scooched closer to her. "There's no Morse code in here, and this one," Norman says as he picks up the other book. "Promise.... What does that mean?" "I'm sure there's some kind of meaning between these two. A book with a message promise, and one that doesn't have Morse code and has a few ripped pages in it." "So you think these one's are special?" Norman asks Emma. "Yea, if i'm right... Then I think it's extremely likely these will become an important guide for us." "Based off of what?" Ray asks Emma as she jumps to turn to him. "A hunch!" Emma says proudly as Ray gives her a disgusted face. "What's with that face!" Emma yells as Y/n starts to laugh. Norman stands up, "I think this is all worth looking into. Let's learn more about Mr. Minerva."  "And not just escaping! Right guys? "We're gonna find a way for us to survive in this world!" Norman nods. "Yea, let's run.Let's live. No matter what things are like back there."