chapter 3: dress up

Chapter three(:

My second period class wasn't too bad, except Matt Hardin, the boy I had wanted to notice me since I was twelve, asked me who I was... Thanks for noticing I'm alive jerk!

~second period~

I walk into the class and of course, all the jocks and cheerleaders are perched in a big crowd surrounding Matt Hardin. I walked straight up to the crowd. They were sitting on my assigned seat... Blabbering about stupid stuff that to them was somehow important, it was nothing new for the group. I didn't get how they could be so dense? it was beyond me.

"You're in my seat. Can you move?" it was a rhetorical question that I hadn't expected any one of them to answer, just give dirty looks, maybe call me some names, and leave, but instead, Matt stopped looking at Melony, who was flaunting her cleavage, and hopped off the desk he was lounging on.

"Sure, babe if I could get your name, not that I wouldn't do anything for you otherwise" he was smiling at me and his deep voice reverberated through me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

"So?" he asked "what's your name?" he had talked to me! he was talking to me! I blinked a few times before remembering he wanted to know my name, "Aimée. . . And yours would be?" he didn't seem to know me so I was going to play it off that I didn't know him. Loser.

"Ha Aimee Gellar? you're gonna pretend you don't know me?" he raised his eyebrows in mock humor. I was going to stand my ground.

"I'm sorry I'm not pretending for anyone, I don't know you." I gave him a dirty look tapping my foot.

"Well okay then, I was in your sixth, seventh, and eighth grade classes, ring a bell?" his eyebrow furrowed, no one that ever went to the same school as Matt didn't know who he was, there were always announcements about how he had "brought the team to victory!" and blah blah.

"Nope. I don't know you, now will you please move?" I was about to fall over I had never talked to anyone like that, besides my father, and I was afraid of the outcome.

"Ha. Wow, I cant believe you don't know me. . ." he rubbed his cheek and then shook his head, looking at the floor, he snapped out of his trance, putting his hand out. "I'm Matt, Matt Hardin" he smiled and I set my things down to shake his hand. He grasped mine softly as if he had to be careful of hurting me. Staring into my eyes, he didn't let go of my hand until Melony cleared her throat, he dropped my hand and walked away, his little group following. I fell into my desk slumping. WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING TO ME TODAY?!?!

When the rest of the class piled in, Mr. Ivo followed soon behind and called the class to attention. The bell rang and class quieted down until the whispering started. The class was whispering and looking at me, I could hear my name every once and a while. I was trying my hardest to ignore them and that's when Mr. Ivo, my math teacher, stopped his long speech about algebra, my lowest A, and yelled at Matt.

"Matt! give me that note!" Matt looked up at the teacher and the students that were staring at him, including me, his face was red and he shamefully handed Mr. Ivo the note. Everyone knew that Mr. Ivo read notes, that were caught, out loud. Everyone straightened up and waited to hear what was written. Mr. Ivo opened the letter and began,

"'Hey Dakota, dude isn't Aimee hot?'" I flushed at my name, oh god this was just wonderful. I think I'm going to puke.

"'she has definitely bloomed man, I'd SO tap that!"' the class erupted into giggles. Mr. Ivo finished and then crumpled the paper up and put it in the garbage. "Now Matt there will be no more notes correct?" the class looked back at Matt and he bowed his head mumbling "yes." When the bell rang I darted straight to Amber's locker so that I could go to lunch with her. I was thinking of all the embarrassment I had endured today when she strolled up, she was laughing, her curls bouncing, she stopped and looked at me.