Sixteen.

"As much as I wanted to get my ass kicked on stage, I was fine with being backstage," Delaney talked with Miguel as they both stretched out on the mat

"As much as I wanted to get my ass kicked on stage, I was fine with being backstage," Delaney talked with Miguel as they both stretched out on the mat. "Plus, running lights was kind of fun."

"Kind of?" he teased. "You looked like you were having the time of your life back there."

She playfully shoved him to the side, looking over to see Aisha, Hawk, and Sensei Kreese talking. Her eyes instinctively moved over to Hawk, who was already looking at her, and they both quickly looked away. They've been doing a lot of that lately.

"Okay. What the hell is going on with you two?"

Delaney looked over to Miguel, plastering an innocent look on her face. "What do you mean?"

"This. You and Hawk barely speaking to each other. I mean, you guys can't even look at each other. Did something happen?" Miguel looked concerned.

"No. No, nothing happened," her eyes stayed focused on the ground.

Miguel deadpanned at her. "Okay, share. Cause now you won't even look at me."

She looked at him, seeing him with raised eyebrows. She then sighed in defeat. "Okay, I'll tell you. But, you can't tell anyone. I'm getting embarrassed just thinking about it."

"Oh," he grimaced. "That bad."

"Horrible," she added on, taking a quick glance at Hawk to make sure he wasn't listening. "We almost kissed."

"What?" he whisper shouted, leaning in closer.

"I know," she frowned. "We were right there and then his mom called him over to help her carry groceries. I can't even look at him! I'm too embarrassed."

"See? Told you he liked you back."

"Yeah, well, he might like me, but I love him," she huffed and Miguel smiled sympathetically. "Relationships where one person likes the other but the other loves the other never works out. Look at me and Jordan."

Miguel pulled a face and she winced. "Right. Not a funny comparison."

"Listen up!" Johnny emerged from his office. "I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody, fall in. In neat rows and lines."

Delaney quietly snickered to herself at the memory of Demetri during their first day.

The man looked around, taking in the sight of his new students. "Time to see what you're made of." He walked around to the back, stopping by two redheads. "Straighten up, ginger twins."

Then he said, "Sorry, parents can't stay for class. It's an insurance thing."

Curiously, Delaney craned her neck to see a chubby man wearing a bright blue shirt and a full beard standing amongst the teenagers. She recognized him as someone in the crowd during their Valley Fest performance.