|| Chap. 18 ||

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Noisy, but lively crowds. The sun was warm, enough to tickle their skin. Jennette followed Jeremy 3 steps away, which annoyed the latter, halting, Jeremy turned to look over his Fiancé who tilted her head slightly as she was confused on why did he halt.

" Are you my servant? " He questioned her, narrowing his eyes at the dumbfounded girl.

" Huh..? " Jennette could feel the glare he was giving her, she thought it was normal for a contract wife to be just 3 steps behind her soon to be husband. Or was her interpretation a bit different?

 Or was her interpretation a bit different?

[ Another A for effort ]

Holding out his palms, despite his aggressiveness there was a bit times like this when he was gentle towards her. Although, people at the agriche would probably laugh at her if she mentioned he had this gentle side within him.

Jennette smiled genuinely, as she put her hands on to his. Guiding her gently, and thoroughly, they walked side by side through stalls. While walking, a shop that sells snowglobes caught jennette's eye.

That snow globe, why did it feel like she had to own that?

(It's the snow globe anastacius gave her at the original manwha plot line)

" Wait here for a moment " Jeremy abruptly said, as he walked away to some where. Jennette couldn't even give out a reply, and she just stood there like a statue. She read somewhere on a book that a wife shall wait for her husband obediently.

' The princess... I wonder what she's doing right now.. ' 

If fate was kind, Jennette hoped she'll be able to cross paths with the princess once again, " What are you staring at? " Jeremy asked, as he scowled. trying to look at where ever Jennette was staring blankly for.

" A-ah! Young master, you're back early? " Jennette questioned quickly, as her eyes widened at the sudden closeness between them. She felt her heart skip a beat, Jeremy just looked at her with those eyes.

' his eyes are pretty.. '

Jeremy placed a paper bag in Jennette's palm, it had a white with pinkish hue color, Jennette was in awe. What's inside though?  Curious as a deer, she took a peek and wasn't expecting to see the same snow globe she was exactly staring at earlier.

Like a deer caught in the headlights, she turned to look at Jeremy once again, who had his arms crossed looking at Jennette with a nonchalant expression. " what? "

' I'm.. '

~•~ Jeremy's pov ~•~

A contractual marriage.

This is what it is, nothing more. Back at that garden, I only saved her due to the orders of sister roxanna, she wasn't anything special.

A girl that knew nothing of the agriche, she acts as if she can mend anyone to being nice.

But, the times when I spent time with her, she felt warm. It wasn't that type of warm that burns, but the soothing warmth.

Her hands was delicate, soft. A hand that never harmed any being, whether it may be an animal or humans. Was she perhaps salvation?

No, it's too stupid for me for thinking that.

" aster..! Young master? " Jennette called out, worried eyes staring at me. The dirtied one. I wonder, how you'll react when you realize how much of a monster I am.

How I killed people, who the agriche is really.

Unconsciously glancing at the paper bag that had the snow globe she was interested earlier, I bought it unknowingly. No, I only bought it, it didn't mean anything special.

" Uhm, I'm really grateful.. "

What do you mean..

You're being grateful to a murderer now?

" you bought this snow globe for me, really, thank you, young master! " she smiled, she smiled at a dirty person like me? Ha! She's.. Amusing..

The guy you're thanking to right now, is a guy who killed people. Not just that, but all of the people in the agriche did. Yet...

You're really a weird person..

Before I could go deeper into my thoughts, I felt a soft plum touch my cheek. Wait plum?  There I realized, it wasn't plum, rather it was her soft pinkish lips that touched my cheek.

I touched the cheek that she kissed, as I stared at her with wide eyes. " I didn't know what to do as a thanks... So.. "

This girl...!!!!?

To be continued 💃