Chapter 4: Being deaths successor

The mother of Jesse, sat down at the broken down couch of their cottage and looked at the pocket watch then pointed at the black gem.

Mom: this gem, belonged to our great ancestor who was god. She was the god of death and was a kind soul. Leading dead souls into the after life. The story our late ancestor's could make up is that she was betrayed by her friend and had to rest in this same cottage. As seen, her gem is cracked and lost her power to be immortal leading her to die of age. All we have left of our is this pocket watch Jesse, our ancestors wrote in a small note her final words. "The book I have protected these past years, will react with my gem once my Successor and other innocent souls meet in this household". My son, you and your friends could've been what she was talking about.

Jesse: why me?

Mom: well you are an angel, and well.. to be honest I have no idea.

Jesse: hm.. well, what do I do now? My friends and sis are in another dimension! Taken by portals..

Mom: Unfortunately, I don't know what that world could be. But I do know there's a way to travel worlds. First you need to find an altar that belonged to her and you must pass a test.. or at least that's what our family knows. None of our family members has passed the test.

Jesse:.. well, if there's a way then I need to take it. Where's the altar?

Mom: deeper in the forest, it'll take you 2 days to get there. *Opens bags* you'll need these supplies.. travel supplies.

Jesse readied himself to go out by himself. Honestly, he's not good with directions so he'll need his great ancestors to guide him. He wore his hiking shoes and grabbed his backpack. He waved at his mother goodbye and walked off.

Mom: hopefully... You won't know the truth... I'm sorry, *grabs mirror*.. who you are looking for is coming..

To be continued...