𝚅𝙸. 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠

✨

Natalie thought about it over the course of a few days, and ultimately decided to step out of her comfort zone and try some karate. The deciding factor was Aisha deciding to try it with her as well.

Natalie is standing outside the dojo with Aisha, taking deep breaths as she prepares to go in. "God, I'm so nervous."

"Me too. But hey, we're in it together." Aisha says.

"I know." Natalie sighs. "It's also just weird to me that the teacher is my mom's ex."

"Don't even think about that. Let's just do it and get it over with." Aisha encourages. "The first day is always the worst."

"You're right." Natalie nods, putting on her brave face. "Let's go."

As they walk in, Johnny and Miguel stop sparring and turn to look at the girls. Miguel is happy to see them and know they're joining.

Johnny is also happy to see that he has new students and in turn, more money. Even though he knew Natalie is Kelly's daughter, he's still caught off guard by how much she looks like her mom when she was her age.

"Welcome to Cobra Kai." Johnny tells the girls. "Take off your shoes and step on the mat."

The girls drop their bags, slip off their shoes and stand next to Miguel. Johnny moves a couple paces to the right, so he's standing directly in front of Natalie. His unrelenting eye contact and hard stare is making her nervous.

"Natalie, right?" Johnny says. "You look like your mom."

"Never heard that before, Sensei." Natalie says coolly, Kelly having told her to say that.

He just smirks, moving over to Aisha. "And you are?"

"Aisha Robinson." she introduces herself.

"Alright." he stands in front of the two girls, Miguel moving to be behind his Sensei. "If you guys want to be in Cobra Kai, you can't act like girls."

Natalie and Aisha are both taken aback by that, their faces showing disgust as they exchange a look. They also look at Miguel who looks just as annoyed as them.

"What do you mean? How do girls act?" Aisha asks angrily, taking one for the team.

"Don't give me that. You know, all emotional, loud, complain-y, never letting you finish a sentence." Johnny explains.