03 | AUSTRALIAN GP AND A PAPAYA BOY

Začať od začiatku

They start to walk around the paddock and catch up about the last few months, Daniel tells Adeline that he feels that the car is ready for a good season and that he feels comfortable with it. Adeline smiles to hear him talk so cheerfully and positively about this 2023 season, unlike last year at McLaren which was a pretty shaky season.

"Well this is my stop" he announces as he stops in front of the RedBull Hospitality, he turns towards her. "I have a meeting in 5, I don't know how long it will last, if you want you can wait inside." Daniel offers.

"Oh, don't worry" Adeline downplays with a gesture of her hand "I'll have a look around the stands, and I'll find something to occupy myself with" she assures him.

"Then I'll see you later?"

"Of course!" Adeline gives Daniel a quick hug before leaving and adds "If I don't see you before FP1, good luck even though I know you don't need it!"

────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ──────

Adeline is currently very lost in the paddock.

It's been about half an hour since the first free practice had finished, which went pretty well for both RedBull drivers, and a couple of minutes ago the Australian called Adeline to ask if she wanted to meet him in the cafeteria before the start of FP2, and she agreed.

And stupid of her not to ask Daniel where the cafeteria is, she has tried to call him several times but he doesn't take the call, which has led her to end up wandering around the paddock like an idiot.

"Where's the damn cafeteria, I swear I'll kill you Da-" Adeline starts to say, bringing her mobile to her ear again, but before she can finish the sentence she bumps into something.

Or rather, against someone.

"Shit, sorry, I wasn't looking" The embarrassed singer quickly blurts out an apology.

"It's all right, don't worry" A male voice assures with a British accent.

Adeline takes a step back and look at the person who has just saved her from making a fool of herself. The guy in front of her looks very familiar. Curly brown hair, blue eyes... It rings a bell. Adeline notices that he's wearing an orange racing suit, so he's clearly a driver.

"Hey" the boy greets her, a smile appearing on his face.

"Hi..." She tilts her head, greeting him as a smile forms on the blonde's face as well. They both look like two fools smiling at each other in the middle of the crowded paddock.

"You're Adeline O'Connor, right?" The boy asks with a curious and a slightly shocked tone after a couple of seconds.

That question brings Adeline back to the reality in which she cannot go unnoticed for even a few minutes.

"Yeah, that's me!" Adeline confirms with a forced smile.

He doesn't say anything else, only his grin gets wider, narrowing his eyes.

"And you are..." Adeline wonders in a whisper for herself, concentrated, trying to remember his name. She recognises him from some posts on Daniel's instagram account, she almost has it, it's on the tip of her tongue.