Dex opened his bedroom door and entered. He looked to see Fitz by his desk, tracing his fingers against the cover of his sketchbook he left lying out.
"Snooping are we?" Dex questioned, shutting the door behind him.
Fitz jumped before he looked back at Dex.
"Sorry." Fitz mumbled.

Dex sighed and he made his way over towards Fitz.
"What do you want, Fitz?" Dex asked, looking at Fitz.
Fitz looked at Dex and he sighed softly. He gently took his cape off and draped it over the chair.
Fitz took his family crest in hand which he had taken off before taking off his cape.
Fitz rubbed his family crest as he stared at it.

"I care about my image deeply." Fitz stated, staring at his family crest.
Dex stared at Fitz and glanced at his crest in hand.
"I know that." Dex mumbled.
Fitz's face scrunched up as he stared at his crest.
"And I hate how Alvar betrayed us, and ruined our image. How his responsibilities became mine, the pressure that I was given, how I became the image of the Vacker family." Fitz continued on.

Dex felt his expression soften as he looked at Fitz. Fitz looked at Dex and he gently took Dex's hand. He placed his family crest in Dex's hand and Dex glanced at it.
"I'm doing all that I can to not ruin my image." Fitz said, looking at Dex.
"And I want myself to be the perfect person. That's why..."
Fitz stopped himself and he took a deep breath.
"That's why I told that prodigy I was straight."

Dex looked at Fitz and Fitz was rubbing his neck. Dex raised his eyebrows.
"You were embarrassed of saying you weren't straight?" Dex questioned.
"How could you feel that way when you knew that there'd be people who'd accept you?"
Fitz sighed.
"People who'd accept me? Dex, I-- I only knew Keefe would accept me!" Fitz exclaimed.
"And only one person accepting me? God, I'd be such a loser."

Dex tightened his grip on the Vacker crest in his hand.
"Fitz, you have a lot of friends." Dex scowled.
"Why did you think we wouldn't accept you? Why?"
"It's not as if you guys talk about that sort of thing so-!" Fitz began.
"Because we all don't care if someone likes the same gender?" Dex said, shrugging.
"Fitz, we're not all assholes. I mean, majority of us do like the same gender anyway! You're just dense for not noticing that!"

Fitz noticed that Dex was now glaring at him.
"Woah, you need to calm down, I'm just-" Fitz began.
"Fitz, you're an idiot." Dex scowled.
"I don't care about what you're gonna say, you just want to use me so I can save you from those idiotic girls."
Dex chucked the Vacker crest at Fitz and Fitz caught it.
Dex ran his fingers through his hair.

"Just... I don't want to be used for such a stupid reason. I mean, you're only friends with me for that reason, right?" Dex smiled at Fitz.
"So I can just save you whenever you feel like not being perfect?"
Fitz scoffed.
"Dex, if you'd just let me speak-" Fitz began.
"You spout bullshit from your mouth all the time." Dex cut Fitz off.
"I'm done with you. Get out of my house."
"Dex-" Fitz attempted to speak, taking a step forward.
"I will get Lex to freeze you so I can throw you out myself-" Dex began, looking away from Fitz.
"Just let me speak, you idiot-!" Fitz scowled.

Fitz grabbed Dex by his shoulders and Dex looked up at Fitz. Dex slapped Fitz's hands away and backed away.
"Calling me an idiot is smart." Dex grumbled.
Fitz sighed and he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Dex... please..." Fitz said softly.
"Just listen to me."
Dex stayed silent as he stared at Fitz, his arms crossed. Fitz continued to fiddle with his crest in his hand and he bit his lower lip.

"Okay, so I was embarrassed of admitting that I may not be straight." Fitz said.
"And I know it's stupid. I should be proud of being myself but Dex, my dad would be so disappointed in me and he would probably be disappointed if people found out, if I dated a boy publicly and then suddenly the Vacker reputation would be ruined again."
Dex dug his nails into his arm but he stayed silent while glaring at Fitz.
Fitz tried to ignore how Dex was judging him.