Neuvillette: So only the Traveler and Paimon who are the only ones friends with Childe.

Aether: So you're saying that..

Neuvillette: Yes. I would like you to go to the Fortress of Meropide and investigate Childe's disappearance.

Neuvillette: This was my proposal during our meeting with The Knave. Rather than allowing her to intervene, I offered to send someone to find out about Childe's situation and report back to her in detail.

Neuvillette: The Knave did not seem satisfied by my proposal, but she still agreed to go along with it for the time being. Her words were, "We will talk more once we have that report."

Paimon: So that means we bought ourselves some time. But why us?

Neuvillette: Firstly, you're already acquainted with Childe. Your eyes may discern relevant details there that others would miss.

Neuvillette: And secondly is the consideration of the unique nature of the Fortress of Meropide...

Paimon: Isn't it just Fontaine's prison?

Neuvillette: I would not define it so crudely. The Fortress of Meropide is not affiliated with the court system of Fontaine on paper. It has always existed as an "autonomous" entity.

Neuvillette: Early in Fontaine's history, criminals were punished with exile, not imprisonment. Even today, sentences against convicted criminals still include exile, just as before.

Neuvillette: The Fortress of Meropide may seem like a prison, but it should in fact be regarded as a
gathering place for exiles.

Neuvillette: All we do is dispatch guards to keep watch and help maintain security, but we have no right to get involved with any other matters.

Neuvillette: Although I do have a personal relationship with the administrator there, neither myself nor the courts have the right to be directly involved with the investigation, no matter how serious the grounds.

Soulas: You mean Wriothesley?

Neuvillette: Correct.

Paimon: Oh, Paimon gets it now! That's why you need us to conduct our own investigation as a third party, right?

Neuvillette: Correct. I will arrange false charges against you so that you may secretly investigate inside the fortress during your detention. This will save us a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Neuvillette: So, are you two willing to accept my proposal?

Paimon: Well, Aether. You decide.

Aether think about and spoke

Aether: Well, Childe is our friend. So there's no other choice.

Paimon: Yeah, no matter how you look at it, it seems we're the best choice. Alright, we hereby accept this difficult task... uh, reluctantly!

Neuvillette: You two have my sincere thanks. This matter is of critical importance to Fontaine's current situation. Also, I hope that both of you can keep this operation a secret.

Soulas: I'll arrange with you to meet up with the Garde that will send you there.

Aether: Alright then.

Paimon: See ya!

They both left to go downstairs to get something to eat.

Neuvillette: So back to the matter at hand. You're intending to investigate the case and search for the Old Regime's Leader, correct?

Soulas: Yes. That's what I must do.

Neuvillette had his head up and think

Neuvillette: Perhaps I could provide someone from the Marechaussee Phantom to protect you?

Soulas was about to speak but Clorinde spoke instead.

Clorinde: No need for that. I'll be in his protection.

Soulas was surprised that Clorinde accept the offer.

Soulas: You sure Clorinde?

Clorinde look at him

Clorinde: We worked together for many years. So I don't see a problem for me.

Soulas chuckled at her and spoke up

Soulas: You're still the same as I met you. But, I really appreciate that of you.

Clorinde said nothing but smiled at him

Neuvillette: Alright then, I'll be heading towards the Oprea Epiclese to meet up with the Traveler. You two, please be careful.

Soulas: We will.

Clorinde: No need to worry about us.

Neuvillette left the office to meet up with the Traveler, which leaves Soulas and Clorinde alone.

Soulas: So, what now?

Clorinde looked at him

Clorinde: How about we go get some tea?

Soulas: Well, might as well then I suppose. I would like to get some drink there.

Clorinde: Then let's go.

The both of them left the office and went down to the cafe and get some tea before figuring out what's next.