Chapter 3

2 hours later....

Soulas was inside the Palais Memorina, doing his work when he was about to have a meeting with the Traveler and Clorinde.

Soulas: Ah, Miss Clorinde. Good to see you.

Clorinde bowed to him

Clorinde: It's good to see you as well.

Paimon: So this is the Chancellor? Paimon heard that people's saying that he's a knowledgeable person for justice. So why would the people accused him?

Aether thought about it.

Aether: Probably there's a reason.

Soulas turned to the two adventurers.

Soulas: It is an honor to meet you two. I've heard about you, the two best adventurers. Am I right?

Paimon: Yep! Paimon is Paimon, and this is the Traveler, Aether!

Aether: The pleasure is ours.

Soulas: The honor is mine.

Paimon: So anyway, we came here to discuss things with you.

Soulas: Is it about the Old Regime's Members are blaming me and my purpose?

Paimon: Yeah.. Something like that.

Soulas: I didn't expect the both of you to meet with Clorinde a while back.

Clorinde: I finished my work, and I saw the two of them. So I took my time to chat with them. But right after that, we heard the people are causing a huge fuss at the scene.

Soulas: I see.

Aether: Why would the Old Regime have a grudge against you? Didn't that also happened to Neuvillette?

Soulas sigh and look up

Soulas: Well, I'll explain everything that happened. There was a dark history in Fontaine, for almost 500 years, I became the Chancellor of Fontaine and initiative duties for my cause. After the incident with Carole and Vautrin, my grandfather who was the first Chancellor stood up for the Melusines and protest the Old Regime who have threatened them and many people have come to his side. Neuvillette and Furina have high respect of him, thus giving him as the Captain of the Gardes. At one time, he and the rest of his followers overthrow the Old Regime's Regin and cast them to exile. Not long after that, he passed away and I became the Chancellor in his place. After 500 years, I've taught the people on how to work together with the Melusines just like my grandfather did and that leads to the Fontaine you knew today.

Paimon: Whoa.. That's what happened 500 years ago in Fontaine? You and your grandfather surely are great leaders!

Soulas: Yes. The ones who opposed the people and the Melusines are none other than the Old Regime. And even after my grandfather brought them to ruin, they still won't give up on claiming that Fontaine is theirs.

Aether: So no wonder why the Old Regime's members showed resentment to you..But why would they want to kill you?

Clorinde folded her arms

Clorinde: I've seen all kinds of people here and in the trial for committing cases of murders out of anger, jealousy, and greed.

Soulas: Clorinde is right. They wanted me to pay because I'm related to my grandfather and so they wanted me to yield infront of them for ruining their reign. I have nothing against that kind but if they keep on going toward other people who are not involved in this, I will have to take action.

Paimon: That's terrible...

Soulas: That's why I'm very cautious of this case, I will find their leader and bring them to judgement.