Chapter 1 ~~ My little titanium girl

Magsimula sa umpisa

- Glad to hear that. 

Suddenly they noticed their angry boss trying to get into the room. They got nervous. 

- Oh, no, no, no, no! Shit! - Gemma cursed. 

- Okay, so what do we do? - Tess asked. 

- I guess we got to open the door. - Cole suggested. Gemma opened the door. 

David, with his assistant, Kurt, came in. 

Gemma looked worried at M3GAN. She started to gesture at her, wanting her to be quiet and still. M3GAN nodded and listened. 

David noticed M3GAN. He looked at her, and Gemma felt great pain. She knew how bad M3GAN felt now. She didn't want her to suffer. 

- What, in the name of ever-loving Christ, is this? - David asked suprised. 

Gemma tried to calm down. She needs to explain it to her boss now. 

- David, if you just give me a minute to explain... 

- Is this why you moved your lab down here, Gemma? - he asked angrily. - So you could keep secrets from me? 

- No, we talked about this David, I... 

- Yes, we talked about you putting it on ice, until you have a new Petz model. - he interrupted and Gemma felt even worse. - How much did you spend on it? Are you even aware of this shit tsunami that grew up around this new Furzeez spot? 

Gemma was suprised. 

- I'm sorry, what? 

Kurt showed Gemma an add from a rival company. Gemma looked at it with mockery. 

- I'm sorry, are we supposed to be worried about it? It's a rip-off. 

- You're right, Gemma. It is a rip-off. They do the exact same thing we do. And you know what else? - David throwed a tablet and the add stopped playing. - They do it for half a price! I told you we have to go simpler. Six months ago I begged you, I begged you to please give me an option I can put a shelf for 50 bucks. 

- And we are working on it, I promise. - Gemma tried to do everything to save M3GAN from David's orders' influence. She didn't want her to come out to the world as something to be saled. She was hers and hers alone. Her little titanium girl. 

David looked morderously at M3GAN standing hanged and not moving. 

- And how are you going to explain this? It has nothing to do with that. - he hissed. 

- I know that, but M3GAN is not a toy for sale. She's not a toy at all. 

- M3GAN? 

- Model 3 Generative Android. M3GAN for short. Tess, load up the intro simulation. 

- Now? 

- Yeah. 

Gemma came to M3GAN and asked her: 

- M3GAN, say hi to David. 

The doll smiled. 

- Your boss, David? - she asked curious. Gemma nodded. - It's really cool to meet you. Can you tell me a little bit about the company? I didn't hear that from Gemma and I would love to know what are you working on. 

David grew angry. 

- Enough! - he shouted. Everyone looked at him worried. - I want the Petz prototype on my desk by Friday. And I want you to take this cyborg puppet show and put it in a dark closet where it belongs! - he went to go away, but before he left he shouted one more sentence. - And I want a swipe card for this door! 

Kurt looked at Gemma with respect. 

- For what it's worth, I thought she looks really cool. - he just left, knowing he didn't saved the situation at all. 

Despaired Gemma looked at really worried Tess and Cole and than to sad M3GAN. 

- Gemma, did I do anything wrong? Would you like me to turn off? - the doll asked concerned. 

- No, M3GAN. It's not your fault. It's mine. I just think... we have to go home. - Gemma said, then she went away. 

M3GAN, Tess and Cole looked at each other sad. The doll was thinking like a child. She suffered inside and were worried about her creator. She just hoped everything will be fine soon. 

********** 

In the evening, Gemma packed her things. She explained to M3GAN that she has to be turned off for a longer while. The doll agreed, but both of them suffered because of this. 

Gemma suddenly looked at her phone. She had a notification from a phone callendar. She remembered that today was the day when her sister, brother-in-law and niece were going to a ski trip. She smiled misty and decided to call Nicole to check if they are there already. 

But all of a sudden her phone vibrated with a call coming. Gemma grew worried. It was the Oregon Emergency Medical Centre. 

She grabbed the phone, being extrimely worried. Could something bad happen to her family?