.21

11:15 am Lisa_____

11:15 am
Lisa
_____

Thanksgiving Day

I woke up in my childhood room gripping the space where Aaliyah was when I fell asleep leaving me confused.

It wasn't until I smelled the food already cooking that I remembered that Aaliyah told my mom she would help her cook. That's how I knew my mom really loved her because she doesn't even let me in the kitchen with her.

I sat up slowly to stretch before going to brush my teeth. Once I finished I started the shower and ran back to my room to grab everything. I grabbed my phone also and started to go through my notifications.

A text from Tionne caught my eye but I ignored it for the time being. It's Thanksgiving all that other shit could wait.

Once I was out the shower I put on some clothes. Nothing too fancy because I'm only going downstairs. I put on a lime green hoodie, some ripped jeans Aaliyah bought me, and my Rick Owen's.

(Picture at the beginning)

I made my way downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. My mom was off to side near the backyard running her mouth on the phone and Aaliyah was at the stove stirring something.

I came up behind her and gently wrapped my arms around her causing her to jump slightly until she realized it was me.

"Ooo—you sacred me!"

"My bad, ma.." I said as I peaked over her shoulder to see she was stirring the pot of greens.

"It's okay.." She tapped the spoon on the side of the pot and grabbed the lid as I just watched her from behind.

"It's something about you in the kitchen with my mom that has me feeling all good inside.." I whispered as she turned in my arms.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah.." I whispered back before leaning in for a kiss. "Lisa, if you don't get your nasty ass out my kitchen! Kissing all over my greens! Move, damn!" My mom yelled as she swatted me on my arm.

"Ow!" I yelled and Aaliyah just laughed as she walked over to the counter like nothing happened.

"I'm sorry mom but did you have to hit me?"

"Yes! Now get out the kitchen. You know I don't like nobody in here while I'm cooking.."

"But Aaliyah's in here.." I whined as I gestured to my girlfriend. "Because I invited her and she's helping me, now out! I need you to go to the store to grab some juice for the kids.."