“But I wouldn’t say no to some extra training” Eliza said and Tom nodded regally as if he wasn’t as excited to finally have a re-match as she was.

“I suggest we duel in the chamber of secrets. Bring your court along if you wish – Barty feel free to join us” Tom commanded airily.

Eliza nodded in agreement already mentally shuffling her time turner calendar around for their extra lessons.

“Wait” Barty yelped “the chamber of secrets?”

“Oh did we never tell you how we met Barty?” Eliza said standing to her feet planning on grabbing some lunch in the great hall “he tried to kill me-

“I didn’t try to kill you”

“You did!” Eliza exclaimed as she and Tom walked out of the office leaving a flabbergasted Barty behind.

~

March brought a new hectic schedule for Eliza – it also brought her new time travel birthday. When Eliza walked down to the hall that morning the house elves had once again left her a birthday cupcake with slytherin green icing. Her court gave her confused looks but otherwise refused to comment on her confectionary.

“You best be planning to eat something that isn’t just pure sugar this morning Potter” Snape said as he strode past not having the same decency to ignore her cupcake.

“Why? Worried about me professor?” Eliza drawled before taking an obnoxious bite of her cupcake.

“Constantly” he said drily and swooped past them with a roll of his eyes.

She did end up nabbing a piece of toast to take with her to charms however.

It was that weekend that Tom finally decided to act on him impromptu defence course.

“Morning” Tom greeted slipping onto the bench beside her pouring himself a cup of coffee, voice somewhat gravelly from sleep.

“Morning” Eliza responded taking a long sip of her own coffee as her court slowly made their way into the hall to join them.

“Mother sends her regards Eliza” Draco said opening his morning mail “she also says that if you don’t remember to send letters to them all soon she’ll castrate Sirius”

“Why should I care if she castrates Sirius?”

Draco levelled her with a dead-pan glare.

“I’ll write back to them all tonight” Eliza acquiesced and Draco went back to plundering his never ending box of confectionaries.

“I was thinking we could begin our duelling practice today little star” Tom said drawing everyone’s attention towards him. Eliza immediately felt her wand thrum with energy – it had been so long since she had had any form of actual fight. Blaise always called her an adrenaline junkie and it really wasn’t that far from the truth. Sure she had the tournament but nothing could really beat a proper duel.

“And will my friends also be allowed to join us professor Gaunt?” Eliza teased. She really hated his alias, Gaunt truly didn’t suit him. But then again Tom would curse her if she suggested he used his real name. She could understand his reasoning, she just privately disagreed.

“If they can keep up” Tom responded with a smirk and instantly her court started chattering about the extra duelling practice.

They had no idea what they were in for.

~

“Master” Jormy hissed the second they all stepped into the chamber “I have missed you”

A soft smile spread across Tom’s face as he ran a hand across the snout of the basilisk. Her court were frozen behind her, still not used to the giant basilisk, but Eliza left them behind in favour of joining Tom in petting Jormy.