24

It was her fourth year of seeing the Hogwarts express and yet every time she reached the platform it felt like her first. Dragging her trunk behind her – and its lighter this year, because now she has her own room and her own home where she can actually keep things – she climbed onto the train.

She was still taking all her classes and at this point it's honestly just so she can keep her time turner. It's nice being able to spend days with Jormy in the chamber, nice spending extra time with her Slytherin's without slaving over class work. Not that she slaved over it anyway, sure there was always a lot of it but it was never particularly challenging. To quote Draco, Hogwarts really has gone to the dogs.

Reaching their compartment Eliza blinked in surprise to find Daphne and Astoria already sitting there, usually it was Eliza who was first on the platform.

"Daphne, Astoria" Eliza greeted, levitating her trunk to the over-head storage.

"Hello Eliza" Daphne said, cheeks faintly red as Astoria whispered something to her. Curiously watching the two sisters Eliza took the seat closest to the door and started setting up some privacy charms for when everyone arrived.

"Eliza?" said Astoria next to her and Eliza looked away from casting for a moment to glance at the girl.

"Thank you, for the quidditch world cup – I was going to get you something but Daphne insisted you wouldn't want anything but I wanted you to know-

"Astoria" Eliza cut her off softly "your safety is more than enough for me, I protect what's mine after all" Eliza finished smirking softly at Daphne who rolled her eyes fondly.

Astoria looked up at her wide eyed for a few moments and Eliza was uncomfortably reminded of how Pansy was at the beginning of last year before she stood up.

"I'll see you both later then" she chirped happily and then turned to look at Daphne, winking as she said "have fun"

Daphne blushed bright red and threw a stinging hex at Astoria who laughed as she ran out the door, her escape was halted however when she ran straight into Draco who was standing on the other side.

"Are you okay?" Draco asked concerned as he stopped her from falling. Astoria let out a strange squeak before she dashed away glaring at Daphne when she laughed.

"Sometimes I'm glad I'm an only child" Draco said with blatant confusion written on his face.

"Excuse me?" Eliza protested with mock affront.

"I know what I said" Draco dead panned and that was all it took for them to start laughing.

Blaise and Theo found them some time after that as the Hogwarts express pulled out of the station.

"Eliza!" Blaise exclaimed "oh how I have suffered not seeing your beauty every day, how can I possibly-

His theatrics were cut off as Theo stuffed a chocolate frog straight into his mouth. Blaise choked on the chocolate, glaring at Theo who was shaking with restrained laughter.

"Anyone care for some chocolate?"

Eliza made grabby hands at the sugar quills and Theo snorted as he threw one across the seats at her.

"Does anyone know what's happening this year?" Eliza asked nibbling on her sugar quill "Sirius and Remus won't tell me"

"Mother and father won't tell me because they knew I'd tell you" Draco said and they both share petulant looks that had Daphne giggling.

"Blaise?"

"I've been with Theo all summer, I've got no clue"

Silence fell over the apartment.