16

Overall, Eliza thought as she slipped into her seat at the Slytherin table, using a time turner was really quite confusing. Thanks to the minister she had a 6 hour time turner, the furthest way back anyone could currently travel using the time turner.

Eliza really didn't like to think too hard about what happened when she used a time turner, it confused her too much. Because one could say that she was simply going back in time and that was why two versions of her were always present. But when she did her first run through of the day without using a time turner, and then went back and re-did she was essentially altering everyone's reality. After all a muggle studies class without Eliza in it meant Hermione Granger earned more points for Gryffindor than a muggle studies class if Eliza was in it. So whenever she went back in time she essentially created a pocket universe for herself that would affect real time when it began.

Like she said, it was horribly confusing.

But she had developed a perfect method. Whenever she had double classes on a day she would attend normal lessons until the end of lunch, then turn back the time turner six hours and attend the lessons she had missed. Of course she couldn't be seen by herself or anyone else so Eliza had taken too seeking refuge in the chamber of secrets in her 'second days' as she had dubbed them.

At first the chamber was a mess but soon she had acquired help to bring it back to its former glory. And it came in the form of a rather batty house elf.

She had almost forgotten about Dobby in the events of last year but considering the elf's fanatical devotion to her Eliza figured calling for the elf might be worth a shot. And for an agreed one galleon a week and any spare socks he wanted Dobby became her very own house elf who was more than happy to clean up the chamber as Eliza studied the rare and coveted books in Salazar's chamber. There were even some books on parselmagic which made her ecstatic.

Then, when lunch was over she would re-join her friends for the next set of classes. If she also had conflicting lessons in the second half of her day she would eat tea in the great hall with the rest of them and then turn back another six hours to attend the other lesson, hiding away once again before time caught up with her.

It was confusing, and it was hard work keeping up with all her conflicting times but it was beyond worth it. Although she did have a lot more work now Eliza was still finding it comparatively easy in comparison to her peers. She was already years ahead in her core subjects and at its current stage Arithmancy was just muggle maths. When it came to divination and muggle studies Eliza barely had to try to keep up with it. She had yet to have a care of magical creatures lesson but she couldn't imagine Hagrid setting any of them homework.

Alchemy and Ancient Runes were by far the most interesting lessons she had ever taken at Hogwarts. Professor Trelawney predicting her death had nothing on those lessons.

Today was the first Care of Magical creature's lesson, only Draco had taken it in her court but that didn't mean there were no other Slytherins. Crabbe, Goyle and Bulstrode trailed behind them. Pansy Parkinson was also taking the class and kept giving Eliza such looks of undisguised hero worship that it actually made her uncomfortable, something that Draco had pounced on to tease her ruthlessly with straight away.

Eliza came to a halt on the opposite side of the Gryffindor's who were animatedly chatting with Hagrid. When the giant spotted the rest of the class he greeted them all, and began leading them further down the sloping hill. Sharing dubious glances with Draco, he and Eliza set off after the oaf. Feeling someone staring at her Eliza looked around curiously until she locked eyes with Hermione Granger who was giving her undisguised looks of confusion. Possibly because that version of Hermione knew a version of Eliza should be in arithmancy at the same time.