Sleeping Tight

A/N: Anybody else sleepy from Thanksgiving turkey? I know I am, lol

                            __________________________________________________

Trolls were joyous little creatures.

This went without saying, as it was proven with how much they sang, danced, and hugged each other. Even when they slept, you could most likely find a serene smile on their faces. But, even the happiest creatures underwent moments of other not-so-pleasant emotions, like sadness or fear. It was the latter that had taken ahold of a certain magenta-haired Trolling that night.

Floyd awoke with a start, the moon still high in the sky and the dawn nowhere near approaching any time soon. His little heart raced and a few beads of sweat had perspired on his forehead. He had a nightmare, he knew that, though he couldn't quite recall the exact details of it upon awakening. He thought it may have been something about tall terrible creatures, or perhaps something about having been separated from his Grandma and brothers forever. Either way, they were frightening thoughts that disturbed him greatly.

He clutched at his blanket, trying to shut his eyes and think about happy things. But, unfortunately for him, he was still a little too rattled to do as he intended. The Troll bit his lip, contemplating what to do. He could always go to Grandma, but at the same time, he didn't want to disturb her. He knew that she got enough of them during the day as it was. He glanced over at the rest of their room, where his gaze roamed over the sleeping forms of his brothers in their beds. They all looked like they were snoozing pretty well, too. John Dory was making finger guns in his sleep. Spruce was making kissy faces, likely dreaming about girls (a phase that Floyd wasn't too fond of and found very gross). Clay was snoring loudly, some drool dribbling out of the corner of his mouth. Floyd scrunched his nose in disgust at the sight, but soon that disgust went away when he saw his one younger brother snoozing in his crib. Baby Branch hugged his Croco toy securely against him in his little blue fingers and suckled on the binky in his mouth every once in a while. Out of everyone, he looked the most peaceful. And probably the least judgmental of the bunch.

As silently as he could, Floyd pushed his blankets aside and rose from the bed, quietly tiptoeing his way over to the crib. Then, carefully, he reached inside and took the baby into his arms. Branch, being a naturally light sleeper, immediately stirred awake from the action, blinking his tired blue eyes and focusing them on the magenta ones of his brother's. He cocked his head at the Trolling, an eyebrow raised as if to ask "Floyd?"

Floyd offered him a gentle smile. "Hey, Baby Branch," he whispered. "You don't mind sharing the bed with me, do you?" When Branch did nothing more than blink blankly at him, he sighed and continued. "I kinda had a bad dream... have you ever had a bad dream?"

Branch furrowed his blue brows, as if he didn't quite understand the words. Floyd couldn't help but laugh lightly. The baby had probably never had a bad dream once in his short life so far, and he hoped that he never would. "I didn't think so," he said, reaching over to lightly run a finger over his small cheek. The motion tickled the baby and he giggled sweetly. "The other guys... they'll laugh at me if I try to tell them. Especially Clay." Clay, being the 'Fun Boy' of the group, always liked to find a joke in everything, and he'd try to make light of the situation. John Dory and Spruce, being the eldest, would try to put on a front, trying not to let their sensitive sides show. But Floyd wore his heart on his metaphorical sleeve (given that the brothers' favorite outfit choice – vests - don't have sleeves). It was just something that made him him."But," he continued, hopefully, "maybe you won't?"

Branch looked up at Floyd, blinking again as though he had paused to really process his brother's words. Then he grinned, snuggling up against the magenta Trolling's chest and babbling happily.

"Braaanch," Floyd cooed, doing all he could not to allow the happy tears that had pooled in his eyes to spill. Even so, a few managed to slip down his cheeks, which he quickly wiped away with his free hand. He carried the baby with him back to his bed, adjusting him and his toy first and then sliding in next to him, tugging the blankets over them.

"Well, g'night, Branch," he whispered.

Branch giggled, releasing his Croco toy and instead using his brother's arm as a pillow to rest his small blue head on. Floyd smiled, getting comfortable and knowing that now that the rest of his sleep would go undisturbed.

                            __________________________________________________

A/N: Hope you enjoyed, I'm about to watch the movie on the big screen in just a few minutes!