walking over to his bag, he searched through it before pulling a jacket out. he threw it over my head before i could process anything, "put it on," i was quick to remove it from my face, "there's something else i want to show you," he turned his head, trying to hide the smile that peeked through his face.

he led me to the garage, the opening door revealed an ever thicker scent of pine. i couldn't guess the last time the door was even opened, the hinges squeaked, covered in rust. the movement caused dust to fly into the air, i coughed into my arm; closing my eyes to keep them saturated. eren let out a cough of his own; but gained his composure quickly.

moving to the covered object in the middle, he removed the sheet from it, sweeping up even more dust, "holy shit," i muttered through coughs. "sorry," he chuckled, before letting out another cough. after the dust settled, i looked at the revealed object. a harley.

"holy shit!" i brought myself next to him, "i've always wanted to ride one," my smile was impossibly big. sometimes it felt like eren knew things about me no one else did.

picking up a helmet on one of the garage racks, he placed it over my head, "well today's your lucky day," i gripped the edges, helping him put it on. my vision decreased, even with the opening over my eyes. still, i could see eren remove the tie from his hair; all of it coming down. trying to hide the red on my cheeks, i looked away. "how do you even have this?"

he shrugged, "another gift," i could make out the satisfied smirk before he covered it with a similar helmet. everything about eren's lifestyle screamed 'extremely rich,' yet he never made a big deal out of it. like everyone had cabins and harleys laying around.

moving the bike towards the outdoors, i barely made out eren's mutter. something about hoping it doesn't need a fix. "so where are we going?" the excitement clumped in my stomach kept me from feeling tired from the past few days.

his eyes glared at me through the opening, "will you stop asking that?" my giggle was muffled through my helmet. eren got on the bike, looking at me expectantly. his eyes slit again, "do you need direction," he joked, but i really did. i tipped my head down in a solemn nod.

his laugh was muffled too, "kick up on that," he pointed at a small solid piece of metal, extending his arm for me to grab. taking it, i swung my right leg over the other side of the bike, and settled my arms around his waist. ultimately my hands clasped on his lower stomach. his breathing hitched before he focused on the bike again.

"do i have to tell you not to let go," i brought my head closer to his, "no!" i had to yell over the engine he finally got to spark up. his back went rigid as my grip tightened, bringing the front of my body closer to his back.

the wind was hard to feel through the layers of clothes i wore, but it was pricking at my exposed neck. my untied hair was whipping through the back of the helmet, causing me to tuck my head into the center of his back. the road below us was rigid with old tar and leaves that had made their way over it in the absence of use.

the covering over my eyes was tinted black, but i could still make out the trees quickly passing by. my arms didn't stay connected to eren for long, as the bike stopped. being able to see the view in front of me; there was a lake below the cliff the bike had approached.

with the hum of the engine dying out, i took it as a signal to hop off the bike, eren once again held my hand steady. "you like?" his voice was muffled, but he made quick work at taking off my helmet before his own, "mhm," i was busy scanning the world around me.

eren's hair was messy with the absence of the helmet, and i subconsciously fixed my own. "now that you can't run anywhere, you know i'm going to ask about vampires, right." his eyes rolled far back into his head, a groan escaping from his throat. he secured the bike, letting it rest on the flat ground. he walked over to the edge of the cliff; letting his feet hang as he sat down.