Chapter 84: Wednesday

Start from the beginning

"What do we do?" I questioned.

"Well we have to stay here, we can hide under the desk." He said pulling the rolling chair out of the way. I crawled under the desk and huddled in to make room for Harrison. He crawled under the desk and sat next to me before moving the rolling chair back into place.

"I'm scared Harrison." I explained.

"You're okay." Harrison replied wrapping his arm around me. "We're safer here then we could be in the cafeteria."

"Oh no Tom was in the cafeteria..." I mentioned.

"Tom will be fine." Harrison explained. "Nobody is going to want to take him in a fight."

"Should I text him just in case?" I questioned.

"No, we don't want the light from your phone to give us away." Harrison said and I nodded. We sat silently and waited for the next announcement. After what seemed to be hours Harrison finally spoke. "Should we try to evacuate?"

"Where would we go?" I asked.

"We can go through the exit in here, out onto the field. My car is parked close to the field." Harrison explained.

"Okay, we can try..." I replied. Harrison nodded and quietly moved the rolling chair. He got out from under the desk and grabbed my hand to help me to my feet. He unlocked the door and quickly opened it, keeping my hand in his. We made our way through the locker room quietly before arriving at a door. He slowly opened it and looked outside.

"Okay the coast is clear." He whispered. "Do you see my car?"

"The one by the field entrance?" I questioned peeking outside and he nodded.

"Okay we are going to run on the count of 3." He explained and I nodded. "1"

"2" I added.

"3" He finalized. With that he swung the door wide open and we began to run across the field. He was much faster than me but kept our hands together and was pulling me along. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins, I didn't even think to look back, I just kept running until we arrived at his car. He opened the door for me and I jumped in before he ran over to the other side and started the car.

"Drive drive drive." I pressured. He raced the car out of the parking lot and I broke down into tears. He looked over at me and frowned.

"Hey, it's okay. You're safe now." He explained. "Is anyone home that I can drop you off with?"

"I don't know, I can try to text them." I said reaching into my pocket but the pocket was empty. "I left my phone at the school..."

"Mine is still in the cafeteria" He added and i frowned. "But it's okay. We can go to my house okay? I have hot chocolate and plenty of snacks."

"Okay." I replied. He nodded and drove to his house.

Harrison POV:
"I'm going to see if Charlotte has anything comfortable for you to change into." I explained and y/n nodded. She was just standing in the middle of my living room and she seemed very shaken. I ran upstairs and went into my sister's room. I found a pair of sweatpants before going into my own room and grabbing a sweatshirt. I brought them downstairs and gave them to y/n.

"Thank you." She praised, almost at a whisper.

"Of course y/n. You can go get changed in the bathroom and I'll warm up some hot chocolate. How does that sound?" I questioned.

"Good." She replied. She made her way into the bathroom and shut the door behind her as I warmed up two mugs of hot chocolate. I brought the hot chocolates into the living room and set them down. "Haz?"