Before she slept she stripped my shirt off. Again, leaving her in the scraps she calls under garments.

"Apparently you were overheating, so you stripped off, crawled into bed and went to sleep," I supply, the corner of my mouth curving up.

She presses a hand over her eyes, mortified. "Sorry if I was annoying."

"You were fine."

Annoying isn't the word to explain what happened last night.

Irresistible, maybe...

"I can't believe Maren drugged me." Her scowl returns. "What a bitch."

"At least you don't have to remember the rest of the party. I know you hate these things." It's best to diffuse the situation before she confronts Maren and gives the vindictive Alpha more reason to target her.

Maren will quickly learn what happens when she fucks with my mistress. Real or not.

Sienna twists her head to look up at me. "Way to look on the bright side."

She taps my nose with her fingertip and I laugh under my breath. I could lay in this bed for hours if it didn't belong to the exact woman she's seething against.

It takes a physical toll on me to force myself out of bed, breaking the peaceful moment.

"Let's get out of here. I've had enough of this place for a while." I toss Sienna some clothes before vanishing into the bathroom.

We ready quickly before heading off downstairs. Sienna moans and mutters about her headache and how she wants to bury the next person who looks at her funny.

However, as we reach the foot of the stairs, she see's something over my shoulder that has the irritation detraining from her face.

I turn, grim understanding settling over me.

"Zion..." His name sounds bitter and edged with hatred as it comes out of my mouth.

He turns to face me, as imposing as I remember him. Maren immediately skulks back, not wanting to be involved in what she knows could then vicious very quick.

"Alpha Onyx." He strolls over to me, hands seated in his pockets. "It's a shame I didn't see you last night. I was hankering for a dance."

My eyes narrow slightly. I haven't seen him in person in over a year. He hasn't changed, although he looks far more weathered.

He has ruled over his Pack for over twenty years. He killed his first wife and his daughter in cold blood when they betrayed him, and since then, he has had no empathy for anyone who has crossed his path.

He is a monster in every sense of the word. Even Sienna is backing off a few steps behind me.

"Strange. I would have assumed you would have made yourself known," I challenge.

"I arrived late." He glances back at Maren, who shakes her head. "At that point, you were chasing your mistress around everywhere."

My teeth protest as my jaw tightens to the point of pain. I don't even want him mentioning her name.

"Seems far more enjoyable then speaking to you." I keep my tone calm, neutral, not wanting him to see how much he angers me.

He knows how I feel, though. He knows he killed my father and every day I dream of revenge.

He looks at me with his cold dark eyes, almost like he's curious.

"Can't we at least be pleasant?"

"I tried that. Every diplomat I ever sent into your territory have been slaughtered," I remind him darkly. "Every offer to trade has been rejected, every display of peace laughed at. We have surpassed pleasant."