The nurse brought in the wheelchair, and they helped me out of the bed. My legs were dead from sleeping for so long. They helped me connect hold my IV line and mom and Chrissy escorted me to Mthongas ward. He was in a common room.

Cant they move him to my ward. I asked as soon as we got to him. Mom gave me that look again.

I can talk to the doctor about it. Chrissy said before she parked the wheelchair beside his bed. He looked like he was sleeping.

Well give you some space. Mom said before she closed the curtain. I held his hand in mine and laid my head on the rail of the bed.

Im glad you are okay, that we both made it. I dont know how Im going to tell Zo about this, she must be worried. Please just get up so we can heal together. I promise Ill tell you everything about Jordi. I know you were angry at me. He squeezed my hand.

Dont start crying now, Im just sleeping. I frowned and lifted my head. He was wide awake with a smirk on his face.

Hey! When did you wake up? I asked feeling betrayed.

Last night. I heard you were still unconscious, but they didnt let me come see you. He said.

But the doctor said you were still unconscious.

There are two Manqeles here. Maybe he was talking about the other one. Come now, tell me about Jordi. I slapped his arm and he laughed cautiously but he started coughing.

Are you okay? I asked.

My chest is fucked up, but Ill be okay. How are you?

My head and chest hurt, and I fractured my ribs and dislocated my shoulder. The doctor said hell give me something for pain.

Im sorry sthandwa sami. I shouldve let you drive; I was drunk and angry and I almost killed both of us. I want to say its okay, but its not.

Dont ever do that ever again. I said sternly.

I promise I wont. Ill listen to you. He said and tightened his hand around mine.

How are you, any fatal injuries? I asked.

I also banged my head quite hard, but they didnt find any damages to my skull, luckily. It still hurts though, that and the bruises on my body. Seems like I suffered more than he did. Maybe it was the position I was in. I was after all trying to drive from the passenger seat.

Ive asked Christine to request for you to join me in the private ward. Its big enough for the two of us. He frowned.

And have your brothers try kill me when they come visit you. I sighed.

They wont do anything to you, they will get arrested for assault, this is a public place. I just want to be with the man I love. He smiled and squeezed my hand.

Ntsakisi lets go, you need to rest. Mom peeped through the curtain and stared at me for a long time. She was actually looking at my hand in Mthongas.

Ill see you later. I said letting go of his hand. He nodded before mom wheeled me out. They didnt even breath a word to each other.

I assume Chrissy was back to my ward because mom was alone. She wheeled be back to the ward in complete silence and when we got to the ward, the nurse was already waiting for me to give me the pain injection.

The drugs were wearing off, but the pain wasnt that bad anymore. I awoke from my deep sleep, only to open my eyes and meet my fathers dark stare.

Baba. I tried to sit up, but he gently pushed me down.

Take it easy son. Im glad you are up. Im sorry I couldnt be here earlier; I was dealing with some things. His whole aura changed.

How are you feeling? Hows the pain? Im very confused right now, and very scared.