Chapter Twenty-Two

You need chaos in your life to give birth to a dancing star

Mthonga is fast asleep, and I wont wake him up because hes just so peaceful, and we clocked in late last night. I need to take Zo to school and head to work. Mthonga and I just took our relationship to the next level and now I feel like Im connected to him more than ever. I dont see myself ever being with any other man, if its not him, I dont want them.

Where is Bhuti? she asked climbing in the front seat. She chose the Porsche and said she wanted to arrive in style.

Hes asleep. I started the car.

Oh okay. You two better stay together, or at least until I get to matric so I can use this car for my matric dance. I laughed.

I feel used. So, you dont love me? I asked holding my chest.

No, I love you. Oh, I love you so much, but you know what Bhuti said? He said he will take me in his Mazda. Imagine! Other kids will be arriving in Porsches and BMWs, and Ill arrive in a Mazda, that will probably be out of style by then. She rolled her eyes.

I wont let that happen sweetheart, dont worry. Ill get you a Bentley if I have to. She screamed.

Really? That would be so cool, with the partition and everything. I nodded laughing. Shes so energetic. Its not even 07:30 yet and shes so hyper.

You just made my morning, thank you Ntsakisi. Im going to brag about my Bentley. Bye, thank you for the ride. She kissed my cheek and climbed out the car.

Seeing her happy made my morning even brighter than it already was, and for the first in a while, I was excited to go to work. but before I could do that, I needed to call and check up on Mthonga.

I wake up to an empty bed and an empty house after such a lovely night. Seems like hes been up for a while now.

Good morning to you too babe. I could imagine him rolling his eyes, thats just how he is. He rolls his eyes like its in fashion.

Why didnt you wake me, I also wanted to go to work, now Im going to be late. He said in between chews.

You looked so peaceful; I didnt want to wake you. I just dropped Zo off, I can come there and get you.

No, its okay. I hope my boss doesnt give me a warning for being late. He said sarcastically.

Haha, very funny. Bye Mthonga.

Bye, see you now now. I hung up and journeyed on to work.

Today it was quiet in the office, people were at their allocated stations, and it seemed like they were really working. That only happens when pay-day is close and today is only the 16th. When I passed by Kellys station, she got up and handed me my coffee.

Good morning, sir, Mr Mfusi, your father is waiting for you with Mr Mvelo. She looked shaken. Thats why theres so much order. Dad should come here more often.

Thank you, Kelly. She sat down and continued working.

I stepped into my office and dad was sitting in my chair and Mvelo on the opposite chair. They were talking and laughing.

This is the time to arrive at work? Dad put on a serious face. I frowned.

Its not even 08:00 yet. I defended. He laughed and Mvelo joined him.

Sit down son. He said pointing me to the chair next to Mvelos. why am I being shown around in my own office.

What do I owe the pleasure of being visited by you guys? I unbuttoned my blazer and got comfortable on the chair.