𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Okay okay I'm finna come out. Let me get freshened up real quick," She forcefully pushed her brothers out of her room and closed her door behind them. She then headed to her bed to check her phone and texted all her loved ones a "Happy Thanksgiving."

Usually she hated holidays because her dad was gone and it didn't feel the same but her mom was truly trying her best to make the best out of it, despite the hurt she was feeling. So Anija tried her best to be positive.

After Anija brushed her teeth and washed her face, she called Kema to see if she was coming over for Thanksgiving.

"Wassup?" Kema answered the phone, sounding like she was around people and busy.

"What you doing?" Anija asked.

"Helping my granny cook. What you doing?" Kema said

"Nothing, finna go do the same. Was just tryna see if you coming over.."

"Ima come but it's gon be later tonight since my granny hosting a Thanksgiving this year," Kema told her and she nodded. Kema usually celebrated Thanksgiving with Anija's family because her mom would be working on Thanksgiving day.

"Okay. Well I'll see you later!" Anija said. Kema told her goodbye before she hung up. Right when they hung up, a call from Jahmeer came in making Anija smile while answering it.

"Hiii," She said once the FaceTime call connected, seeing his face.

"Hey pretty," He spoke making her smile even more. "How you sleep? Why I wake up and we wasn't on the phone anymore?"

"My phone died. I literally don't even remember falling asleep. I just woke up in the middle of the night and saw my phone under me dead as hell," She said and he laughed. "But I slept good. How you sleep?"

"Decent decent. You still wanna come over today?" He asked.

"Yeah. You still coming here?" She returned the question and she nodded.

They both planned to go over to each other's house to formally meet each other's families. Though Jahmeer had now seen and talked to Anija's mom multiple times, it was going to be his first time meeting her siblings. Anija met Jahmeer's brothers, his dad, and his sisters over the phone but it was brief so she was now going to meet the whole family formally.

"Yeah. I think ima come over there first then you can ride with me back to my house. Ima bring you back home after of course," He said and she nodded slowly. "You nervous?"

She laughed. "A little," She admitted with a shrug. His dad and brothers and even his little sisters were cool, she was more so scared to meet his mom. He didn't really say much about her except that she could sometimes be blunt but Anija hoped she liked her. "Are you?" She asked.

"Nah," He shook his head. He was actually pretty confident. He felt like he was a charming person, nobody really ever had a reason to dislike him.

"Of course you're not," She playfully rolled her eyes. "But ima let you go now, my mom prolly want me to help her cook."

"Aight. I'll see you later," He said and the call ended..

𒊹︎ 𒊹︎ 𒊹︎

Anija sat in her living room couch, scrolling through Instagram while listening to her brothers and cousin argue about irrelevant stuff, it seemed like they were arguing just for the fun of it. Her house was full of people; family from out of states came just for Thanksgiving this year to make it more special than usual.