69 - End

Deku's POV
This time when I woke up it was only Kacchan in his bed, now we are much closer than last time with our beds pushed up together. The room is otherwise empty. I’m sure the nurses huffed and generally complained about that but I could only smile when I saw his face, softened from sleeping. I watched as the soft light from the lights outside drifted in, the soft sounds of a normal peaceful night flooding my senses.

Our lives changed so much. Now not only do we have sisters but there is Toshi and of course my new baby brother. Todoroki was basically adopted, although unofficially, the same as Dabi had when we were children. Their other brother and sister came around a lot now but not in the same way, trying to somehow forgive their father but it was slow going. The league of villains never even got a real start let alone causing a war to break out. And now? Now Kacchan loves me. Sure he said he did back then but I was too hurt to believe him. Not anymore though.

How long did Kacchan withstand obvious PTSD without me even realizing it? So many times as kids he would get so angry or scared for seemingly no reason. A book dropping without warning once had made him all but jump out of his skin when we were seven. Seven! From what I understand he was sent back to the age of four. And I couldn't help him at all.

I carefully pulled out the needles in my arm and pulled the sensors off after silencing the machine, having had plenty of practice from my first life to keep it from sounding an alarm. I scooted closer to my husband and gently stroked his face.

All the things from the recent past were finally making sense, how he avoided intimate contact unless I initiated it. How he never pushed for more than what I freely gave. Even how he pushed back when I decided that I was ready for sex. He was so meticulously careful with my feelings, to never push past what I wanted or when.

But now I know. I remember everything and I can only love him more. I kept lovingly stroking his jaw, tucking the loose hair behind his ears until he opened his eyes and smiled back at me.

"Someone is happy," he whispered, maybe it was because it was dark outside and that the overhead lights were off but he kept his voice down.

"I just love you so much. It feels like my heart is going to burst," I whispered back and he chuckled until he got nervous.

"You're joking right?" This time it was my turn to laugh and he relaxed again. "I love you too."

"Can I take you somewhere?" I asked suddenly, not sure if what I was doing would be okay but changing the subject all the same.

"Let me get a nurse to unhook me," he moved to hit the nurse call button but I stopped him.

"I'll do it, I took mine out," I smiled and he let me. He didn't even question it, simply held his arms out and I took out the needle before silencing the machines and then taking the sensors off of him. By the time I was done he showed me where they had clothes out for us and we quickly got changed before escaping out the window. They'll figure it out sooner or later.

He followed easily and when I stopped at a hotel he barely looked surprised.

"Let me just get our room key," I smiled at him and he waited for me in the lobby.

"I'm here to pick up a room key for Midoriya," I told the receptionist and she looked confused, probably because I was so young. She had me verify the card on file before she finally gave me the key.

"Oh, and we will want food and dessert delivered with a do not disturb sign. It's kind of our honeymoon," I whispered and she looked even more surprised but this time she smiled. Let me pick out what all I wanted delivered to the room before I gave her the cash. Usually hotels don't take cash and require a card on file but Mom and Dad would track that if it was charged before we left. So I used my hero license number instead so I could pay with the cash that I drew out on the way here, right outside the hospital.