Whirly Girl

S5:E2

Alison, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily remain in silence the entire trip back to Rosewood. To say they felt lost would be an understatement. In one night, they had gotten Sienna back in their lives only for her to be ripped away. They couldn't even imagine what they would tell the police.

Would they tell the truth? That Sienna died tonight. Or would they lie and say that Sienna died 2 years ago? They weren't sure. How could they respect Sienna's wishes but dismiss her sacrifice?

It all felt wrong. Sienna should still be alive. Her laughter and soul brightened the world.

The liars exited the bus but stopped when they noticed Alison remaining in the doorway.

"Ali, are you okay?" Hanna asks softly. It must be difficult for the girl. It was hard for all of them. But Alison was facing a world that hated her and carrying a bag of secrets. She was wounded too. The other liars had years to grieve Sienna but Alison was only beginning to unravel.

Alison quickly turns and attempts to rush back inside the bus but Emily grabs her arm, "stop. You don't need to run anymore. A is gone. Come on."

Alison takes a second to mull over her words, realizing that the four girls would never let her leave. She steps of the bus and fidgets self consciously. Oh how she wished Sienna were here.

"Ali, look we talked about this. You know it's the right decision." Spencer reminds her.

"Maybe I should go home first, speak to my mom." Alison suggests.

"Ali, your mother buried you. And Sienna." Emily reminds her, slowly silencing at the end of her words. The girls turn away, various levels of reminiscence and tears prolonging their hearts.

"Look, i think it's more important that the police know you're alive before your mom does." Spencer says.

"Hey, yeah. You need to walk in there and tell them everything. I mean about Mona being A, Shana taking over where Mona left off, all of it." Emily tells the blonde girl. "Start with the night that you ran away."

"And what about Sienna, huh? What am I supposed to say? That we ended up in a grave together but suddenly two other girls who look like us ended up in it? Or that she accidentally killed her sister and ran away but now she's actually dead and her bodies missing? They'll think I'm a lying and won't trust anyone of us. They already think we killed her." Alison argues.

"We tell them that Sienna died saving your life. Because that's what she did." Spencer tells Alison, honoring their lost friend.

"I can't do this." Tears threaten to spill from Alison's eyes. "I can't."

"You can," Emily grabs Ali's hands to reassure her, "okay, you're not in this alone. A tortured all of us, and what happened to Shana—"

"Happened because of me." Aria interjects, "and I can handle that part. I think. But Ali look, you're gonna have to cover the rest." It was obvious that Aria was not dealing well with the death of Shana. The only people who could relate to what she was experiencing were Emily and Sienna and Sienna was gone.

"Ali? Are we in agreement?" Spencer asks.

[~]

"Are you detective Holbrook?" Alison asks.

"I am." He responds.

Alison chokes back tears, "I think you've been looking for me. I'm—"

"I know who you are. I'm glad you're with your friends. Welcome home. I'm guessing you have a lot to tell me. Maybe we can begin with the night that you disappeared." Holbrook comforts.