Not Going Well

Dad walks in and almost hits Sara with the door. He smiles until he sees Shane. He slams the door and goes to the kitchen. She takes Shane's hand and go back to the kitchen. Mom is still sitting drinking her coffee and dad is pouring himself one. "Honey, your not going to win. You will be talking to this young man and you will be listening to him. Understand?" He just nodded his head. "Shane sweetie, please tell Kaleb what all you told me."

"Well sir, I will respect you as long as you respect me. That goes for your daughter also. I most times can't control my temper so I tend to swear a lot. But I will never do any harm to your daughter when I lose my temper." Shane said with is eyes fixed on Kaleb. He was half afraid that Kaleb would hit him but also half joyed to tell him.

"I see. Well I do not approve of this relationship. It's outrageous. You wont respect her. You can't even respect me." Kaleb laughed but glared.

"The hell! Right now I am getting nothing from you! You're treating me like the piece of shit you think I am. But I hate to tell you Mr. Clancy, when and if you start treating me with fucking respect that's when I'll start treating you with fucking respect." He put on his sunglasses and walked out taking Sara by the hand.

Sara knew that was wrong but it felt so good sticking up to her dad. Shane helped her get into his car and started to drive. "Thank you Shane. I could have never done that."

"Yea I know so we are going to the hang out place to discuss a few rules." They sat in peace for a little until her dad started calling. Sara declined the calls and shut her phone off. A short time later they got to the little shed in the woods. Shane helped her in and they got settled on the bed. He pulled out a notebook that said The Rules.