Cliffside Chaos: Old World Blues

[LOCATION: Las Vegas, Nevada]
[YEAR: 3000]
[TIME: 7:00 A.M Nevada Time]

The scene opens on a business man looking up at his skyscraper, bearing "NEVTECH" on a sign. This is Jason Devonshire, the founder and CEO of NEVTECH. NEVTECH is a company, who spearheaded Android technology.

 NEVTECH is a company, who spearheaded Android technology

(Picture credited to original artist)

Jason enters the building, greeting his secretary and friend, Olivia . "Hello Olivia, how are you today?" The man asks his secretary.

"I'm doing good today, Jason." Olivia replies to Jason.

"That is excellent, Olivia. Are we ready to proceed with the tests?" Jason asks Olivia.

"Yes Sir, Mr. Devonshire." Olivia responds to Jason.

[Time Jump: A few hours later]
[LOCATION CHANGE: Testing Facility, NEVTECH Building, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA]

The scene reopens with Olivia and Jason, overlooking a testing facility for an android. The Android is wearing get-up akin to a soldier from the early 21st Century. It is carrying a Heckler and Koch XM8, in its assault rifle configuration.

 It is carrying a Heckler and Koch XM8, in its assault rifle configuration

(Image credit to Hideo Kojima)

"Android, begin the test." Jason orders the Android before looking to Olivia.

"If this test goes well, and the U.S Army approves the contract, we'll be the best Android corporation in America." Jason explains to Olivia.

"Even better than Black Mesa or Aperture?" Olivia asks Jason with a hum.

"Heh, if they're going to deal with teleportation technology only then let them. We've got Android soldiers." Jason replies to Olivia, before watching the Android soldier's test.