Chapter 2

Firestar lead the cats with sandstorm at his side, squirrelflight was beside brambleclaw as ashfur stared jealousy behind. Leafpool and crowfeather walked beside each other as behind them jaypaw, lionpaw and hollypaw walked. Cloudtail and brightheart where walking together as Daisy and her kits where behind them with whitewing and birchfall padded beside each other, just behind them where greystripe and Millie at the rear of the cats.

After a while of padding they stopped in a forest and firestar sent out a patrol for hunting but got interrupted by leafpool.

"How will be connect with starclan we don't even have a moon pool and we are in the middle of nowhere!" firestar went to reassure leafpool but jaypaw there. Firestar sighed as the hunting patrols went out. Firestar then heard the sounds of dogs, and looked behind him and saw a pack of dogs.

"Attack!" firestar yowled as the remaining cats started attacking. Firestar went face to face with the biggest dog. Firestar raked his claws down the dogs face as the dog took a bite out of his leg. Firestar shrieked then saw hazelpaw leap at the dog only to be frown into a tree. A twoleg then called from the distance as the dogs left.

"If anyone injured!" firestar called looking around.  Leafpool sent jaypaw out to look for herbs as berrypaw let out a striek of horror

"My sister! Hazelpaw! She's dead! No!" mousepaw looked shocked and padded beside berrypaw as Daisy face was covered in grief. The hunting patrols then came back with prey.

"What happened" greystripe called dropping his prey.

"Dogs" firestar mewed as jaypaw came to leafpool with herbs and they started treating cats.

"Cats that left to be with loved ones or who where forced to leave gather for a meeting" firestar called as the cats gathered some still in grief.

"I have two warriors to make, berrypaw and mousepaw step forward" berrypaw and mousepaw looked surprised and stepped forward.

"We all grief for hazelpaw but she will watch us from starclan if they are still with us, anyway, berrypaw, mousepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect your friends and family even at the cold of your life"

"I do" berrypaw and mousepaw mewed

"Then by the power of starclan I give you your warrior name, berrypaw from this moment you will be known as berrynose, mousepaw you will be known as mousewhisker"

"Berrynose! Mousewhisker!" the cats chanted.

"Now let's eat and sleep" firestar called as Daisy and her kits went to bury hazelpaw.

Firestar woke up, he looked around and saw dustpelt.

"Oh firestar I knew I could meet you in a dream" dustpelt kept talking "please come back I can't lead thunderclan I regret everything" firestar then hissed at dustpelt

"You caused this so you fix it" firestar then woke up and saw a strange cat with the group of cats. Firestar poked the old grey cat

"Excuse me but who are you" the old cat looked up

"Oh my name? Well am purdy, I just wanted some warmth for the night I hope you don't mind. "