Chapter 39: Employed

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Nan Yi proactively rose and approached the omega.

"Hello, I'm Editor #09. You must be Author Xiao Nan?"

Nan Yi nodded in acknowledgment and took a seat.

"This is the contract. Please review it and decide if you wish to sign with us."

The curly-haired omega retrieved a contract from his bag and placed it in front of Nan Yi.

With a polite smile, Nan Yi began perusing the document.

Meanwhile, Editor #09's phone kept buzzing.

"Hello, right here."

By the time the cappuccino arrived, Nan Yi had gone through all the terms, conditions, and benefits for authors.

The base salary wasn't high, around five thousand initially. If fans sent gifts, there could be additional bonuses.

Five thousand was satisfactory for Nan Yi.

Setting the contract aside, he looked up.

"Have you made your decision?" the editor inquired.

Nan Yi nodded.

The omega's eyes were captivating, especially when he expressed puzzlement, a faint furrow forming between his brows.

Concerned that he might come off as impolite, Nan Yi quickly typed out a message.

[Apologies, I'm unable to speak.]

The curly-haired omega's eyes widened in surprise. After a brief pause, he asked, "So, Mr. Nan, are you certain about signing the contract?"

Nan Yi nodded again.

"I'll go get a pen," Nan Yi said, handing his phone to Omega as he stood up.

"No need! I've got one," came the reply.

Frantically, Omega seemed as if he wanted to bury his head inside his canvas bag. After rummaging for a while, he produced a water-based pen.

"I've prepared the ink for the fingerprint. Here, take a look."

When Omega smiled, two dimples appeared, adding a mischievous charm to his cuteness.

After signing and stamping the document, Nan Yi handed the pen to the person across the table.

"You keep this copy, and I'll take this one," Omega said, dividing the contract.

Nan Yi accepted it with a nod.

"By the way, Mr. Xiao Nan, I'll just call you that, alright?"

Nan Yi nodded once more.

"Here's the thing, since this month is almost over, your base salary will start from next month. Our contract also states a start date of December 1st. For the next few days, updating will depend on your mood. However, from next month onward, there should be at least one update per week."

After receiving Nan Yi's nod of agreement, curly-haired Omega stood up.

"I should get going. I have another author waiting for me."

As Nan Yi stood up to watch Omega leave, Editor 09 called out from the doorway, "If you have any work-related issues, feel free to contact me. Of course, I'll also be reminding you about deadlines."

Once Editor 09 had departed, Nan Yi gazed at the contract in his hands, a smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

He had found work.

On the way home, Nan Yi clutched the contract, beaming with joy.

Even Xiao Wang noticed his elated mood.

"Did you go to sign a contract, sir?" Xiao Wang inquired.

With a smile, Nan Yi nodded, his usually cold eyes warm and bright.

Signing the contract took up almost six to seven hours, during which he had dozed off in the car.

As they drove past a hotpot restaurant, the enticing aroma of the broth was unmistakable, even with the windows rolled up.

He had always had a soft spot for spicy hotpot. The scent alone nearly made him drool.

It had been a long time since he had eaten anything since morning.

Nan Yi felt hungry but didn't want to spend the money.

He Yushen's villa surely has a plethora of gourmet dishes, all probably quite expensive. Nan Yi felt it would be more economical to ask the housekeeper to prepare something for him.

Craving food, he felt even the last half-hour of the ride was too slow, and he dashed into the villa the moment the car stopped.

Unfortunately, the housekeeper had already gone out to buy groceries, leaving Nan Yi empty-handed.

Disheartened, he sank into the living room sofa, drained from hunger.

After a minute of silent contemplation, a thought struck him, prompting him to sit upright. Taking advantage of the housekeeper's absence, he could request hotpot.

The housekeeper would surely buy an array of delicious ingredients, and all on He Yushen's dime.

Nan Yi couldn't help but feel gleeful.

True to Nan Yi's prediction, the housekeeper returned with a bounty of hotpot ingredients. Knowing he had a penchant for spice, she also procured chili powder and dried chilies to concoct a flavorful and spicy broth.

"Mr. Nan, it'll be ready soon," the housekeeper said, an amused smile playing on her lips.

Standing behind her, Nan Yi wasn't the least bit embarrassed, already holding a bowl in readiness, reminiscent of a child awaiting a treat.