She hands the first present to Stephanie. "Thank you for being my bridesmaid," she says.

"Of course," Stephanie smiles.

She handed the second present to Michelle and then passed the third present to me.

"Thanks, Jess," I say, placing the present on my lap.

She touches my forearm and glances up at me with glossy eyes. "I hope you like it," she whispers. "I know nothing I can ever give you will be enough to thank you for being my maid of honour and putting up with me. I've been a bit of a bridezilla this past year."

"Just a little," I tease her.

Before I can unwrap my present, I hear Stephanie and Michelle oohing and awing to my right and thanking Jessica for their new fabulous pair of golden peep-toe Louboutin heels.

"These heels are a must-wear for tomorrow's wedding," she smiles. "They are so gorgeous."

"They are fantastic," Michelle breathes, slipping one onto her bare foot and admiring herself in the mirror. "These are too much."

I unwrap my box, nearly fainting when I catch an up-close glimpse of the heel height. Jessica must see the look of terror on my face because she says, "If you wear them tonight, you will have gained enough practice to wear them tomorrow."

"Thanks, Jess. " I pause to consider my next words. "They are beautiful."

Which is an understatement. They are stunning. But I wouldn't have expected any less from Jessica. "I'm not the best in six-inch heels, but I'll do my best."

"Your present isn't done. Look in the box." She nudges me with her elbow, sporting a sneaky little smile.

I glanced down into the box and saw a second present: a little blue Tiffany box. I looked at her and said, "Jessica, this is too much."

"Open it," she urges me.

I gasp as I flip open the box and see a sparkling silver chain with the cutest little charm attached. The charm is light pink, and a diamond ring is carved on the front.

"Flip it over," she insists. I do as she says, and I see an etching on the backside that reads: " Friends Forever, Love J. "

It may be because I had pent-up emotions after learning about Stephanie and Ben or because this etched charm reminds me of our childhood and when Jessica and I went to the mall to pick out matching friendship necklaces. Or because I am so happy for her and Michael. But whatever it is, it causes tears to fall from my eyes and stream down my cheeks.

Tears flow even more when she tugs the same necklace and charm from around her neck.

I lean forward, wrap my arms around her neck, and bury my head in her shoulder. She hugs me back, babbling about why she picked a charm with a diamond ring—reminding me of our twelve-year-old selves and our wedding promise to be one another's maid-of-honours.

Stephanie ruins the moment by cracking open a can of beer and saying, "A toast to the bride and her maids. Now, are we ready to get this party started or what?"

"Hell ya," Jessica woos. "I'm ready to drink tequila and dance on a table."

"Okay, Megan, time to put on a dress and get yourself ready," Michelle says, smiling.

Jessica turned her attention to me again, assessing my attire: navy shorts and a white tank top.

"You can't wear that outfit with these new heels," she says matter-of-factly. "Where is your luggage? Let me help you find something else to wear."