5 │EXPOSED

TO say the least, Ghost was not fond of whatever game Clara was playing

TO say the least, Ghost was not fond of whatever game Clara was playing. He had the suspicion she'd do something as soon as she gave him a twitching smile earlier, but it wasn't until after shooting with Vince that he discovered what she did.

Down the corridors scraped Ghost and Vince's shoes, their soles brushing against the ground. It was a casual training session with the silence of Vince, which Ghost never really experienced when practising with Soap's prattling.

He wouldn't even classify it as a training session. Vince's aim was so superior that at one point, Ghost thought Vince ought to be the one teaching him his ways, not the other way around.

They strolled down the halls with no initial plan on where to head next. Ghost thought of stepping outside to get in a dose of nature, and he surmised Vince had the same idea after the sergeant remained at his side.

Behind them came the sound of heavy panting, followed by a Scottish accent.

"Henley, L.T.," Soap acknowledged. His skin gleamed with sweat and his face flushed a light shade of pink. He lifted a sore hand to lightly slap Vince's arm. "Is his aim better than before?"

Ghost darted to Vince. "He's makin' progress."

"Didn't think he needed help in shooting," Soap breathed out, "last time I checked, he's better than me."

Vince shook his head and was about to refute Soap's statement until he noticed an irritated mark above his brow. "What've you been doing?"

Soap let out a sigh and reached to touch his forehead. "It's still there?" He asked, muttering more to himself.

He waved an excusing hand to the others. "Spade was just helping me improve my close combat skills. She got me a few times, but so did I; it's nothing big."

Ghost snapped his head towards the sergeant. "Spade's teaching you self-defence?"

Soap curiously looked at him with a smirk. "Aye."

"Since when?"

"Since today."

"She still isn't easy on people I see," Vince laughed.

Soap raised his brows. "You too?"

"Oh yeah. It's good practice though; she's the reason I'm supposedly better than you." His cocky grin widened after Soap jokingly punched his arm.

"Where is she, then?" Ghost cut in.

"Who, Spade? She's still in the gym," Soap squinted at Ghost's interest.

He let out a low grumble, well aware of what she was doing. He noticed her reaction when they ran into each other but hadn't thought much of it.

Vince's nudge snapped him out of his thoughts. "Why, you wanna go see her now?"