Fallout 4 Sexuality Headcanons (+rant if you think it doesn't matter)

Start from the beginning

Hancock:
Pansexual

The
Man
Does
Not
Care
What
You
Identify
As
Or
What's
Between
Your
Legs

He just wants to have fun, show love, and get high.

X6-88:
AroAce

Not because "He's an emotionless killer machine!"
Dude actually shows more emotion than Preston, and honestly feels like he should've had his own rogue-robot quest.

He just feels like he wouldn't really have a care for anything romantic or sexual. Not AGAINST it. But it's just not something he feels he needs.

Deacon:
Bisexual

Spoilers for his approval chats.
Though after the death of his wife (if he isn't lying) he doesn't look for love again and would rather stay a mystery to people, it feels like he'd be somewhat into both men and women. May flirt with both to get intel. But never really goes too far with anyone both because he doesn't want to be too close to anyone due to his life in the shadows, and because he lost the love of his life.

Also. the dude is def a bit of a drag queen. I can vaguely remember him saying he disguised as a woman for a while before.
Imagine a 50s aesthetic drag queen in the apocalypse using their styles to gain intel.
Okay, that seems like a better, less annoying, version of Twink from Q-Force-
And now I wanna animate him saying "These hips do lie, and they lied to you. Shakira, shakira." XD

Preston Garvey:
Straight

Don't know why. Like with Piper, it just feels right.
I know saying "But you don't seem queer!" is a pretty annoying thing, you don't have to seem gay to be gay.
But he just...he feels like a straight guy who just doesn't feel he has time for romance and now that's making him sound like a prince and it doesn't help that he helps claim a castle and now I'm getting ideas-

Nick Valentine:
Straight, maybe Bi with a girl lean.

Spoilers for his companion quest.
Like with Deacon; He doesn't have time for romance and doesn't want to move on.
Though a robot, he still has the memories of the original Nick and his murdered fiancé. There would be that love-long-lost feeling. He still has obvious love for the wife, a vengeance for her.
He may find similar companionship in Ellie, she may even remind him of the dead wife he has all the memories of, but he doesn't seem to really feel anything romantic towards her.

So ye, those are how I personally feel who would be what, and my reasonings for them.

Again, no problems whatsoever if the romance you choose goes against my headcanons. These are my headcanons, my own thoughts. I have no problems if you romance Danse as a woman Sole, or if you write a Nick x Valentine fic.
That's what fanfiction and headcanons is all about, putting your own thoughts down for your own little stories of characters you love. These are just what I personally think.

And no one say "Why would they care, they're in the post-apocalypse-"
People still have preferences that they can't control. Some like men more, some women, some both, some neither, some everything.
Fallout has almost always been filled with LGBTQ+ rep.

The 2nd game was the first game to feature a same-sex wedding.

Fallout New Vegas has both a lesbian and a gay character (Little fun fact, Arcade shares the same VA as Flynn Rider. XD)

Fallout 3 not only has 2 queer couples, one of two men and the other of two women (who never hint at liking the opposite gender, one even confirmed as gay by a character in the game), but it was also one of the first games to feature a same-sex couple who were parents, with the lesbian couple adopting.

I think New Vegas also allows the player to use perks to set their dating preferences?
Hel, the game even has some focuses on homophobia. Caesar's Legion, though there being some gay people behind closed door, has a rule that anyone caught pursuing homosexuality will be killed. Even those who didn't want something, as example of a gay escaped slave who was blamed for when one of the soldiers attempted to attack him.
But they're the antagonists of the game. On top of banning homosexuality, women are seen as just breeders. So it's all just a sick controlling survival group that you know are not the good guys.

So there are characters who have their own preferences in the series. Especially in New Vegas, the most loved game in the series.

So some people do care. Sexuality will be just as controllable in the post-apocalypse future as it would be now, which isn't much. There are even people who say "I got over my desires so I can be straight!" but are really just repressing it out of fear and convinced themselves that it was normal.

So yes, preferences will still be a thing even in the apocalypse.