Chapter III - Ryomen Sukuna

Opening - Kaikai Kitan by Eve

~•~

[June 2018]

The sun is setting at this time of the day, and fifteen year-old Yuuji Itadori was calling Sugisawa Hospital. For the past few weeks, he's been occupied with a certain someone that's been residing at the facility.

The second that one of the nurses pick up, Yuuji introduces himself, "Oh, this is Itadori. I just called earlier." It isn't shocking for him that his name and voice was recognized by the nurse; he actually kind of feels bad by how often he calls the hospital, "Yes. Yes." He confirms his identity, as he was asked by the nurse, before saying, "I'm sorry to keep calling, but how is my grandpa doing?"

"Huh? I thought they already told you." He was fortunate to be talking with a nurse that was patient with him, "Oh, please hold on. I'll go ask myself." It takes her a while to transition the call to the phone of a patient that was at that hospital, "Itadori-san, you have a phone call. Yuuji-kun's asking if you want him to bring any--"

"Leave me alone!" Yuuji recognizes that loud and obnoxious voice anywhere, "Tell him not to come! He should go to his club! His club!" He has to lower his phone from his ear so that his eardrums don't pop from such a yell.

Shortly after, Yuuji hears back from the nurse, "You heard him. What club are you in, Yuuji-sun?"

As annoyed as Yuuji was of his grandpa's stubbornness, that didn't mean he wasn't going to oblige, "I heard. I'll come by tomorrow evening." But it didn't hurt getting to stay a few more hours at the school.

~•~

That same evening, Megumi Fushiguro and (Y/n) (L/n) had visited Sendai's Stevenson's screen, located near the town's cemetery and not far from the high school. The destination was nothing but a mere box that had four long legs that kept it a good feet off the ground.

"They're keeping a cursed object in a place like this?" Megumi finds it hard to believe that something so dangerous would reside at such a public area, "Could they be any dumber?"

"You don't think someone would take it, do you?" (Y/n) says this in a joking manner, "'Cause if so, that would make this journey more worth it, don't you think? I mean, we did spend several hours getting here, even by the bullet train."

Megumi scoffs at the thought, "Don't even jinx it." He starts walking up the box, "And you not getting any sleep is not my problem; either way, you're always tired, so what difference does it make?" He reaches a hand out at where he assumed the lock of the doors would be in place, but he stops when he realizes that there wasn't one to begin with. He chooses to not think anything of it and opens the loose doors either way. Unfortunately for him and (Y/n), there was no cursed item in sight; the inside of the box was empty.

On an impulse, Megumi squeezes himself into the box to look more closer. He then starts look at every corner of box's exterior, from the the bottom, to the top, to both sides. He even closes the doors a few times, hoping that the item would just show up.

"So then somebody did take it." (Y/n) concludes, portraying a sheepish look as they make this remark, "But, at least that means we get to stay here for another night, and we won't have to take the bullet train back home--"

Megumi interrupts them to yell, "Shut up about the bullet train!"

"Relax!" (Y/n) puts their hands up defensively, straining a nervous smile, "Let's just call Gojo-sensei. Maybe he sent us to the wrong location by accident. If not, then we'll have to start looking for it tomorrow." Megumi clicks his tongue and looks away from them, clearly displeased by this change of events. (Y/n) deadpans at the sight of him acting like a child, to a certain degree at least, "Yeah, real mature...as if the scowling will get us anywhere..." They mumble quietly, wandering their eyes away from their classmate.