6 - Better

Sunday was another calm day, Izuku spent a good bit alone in his room with his headphones on playing video games. Izuku had been making his way through the only story game he could handle at that moment, he started downloading the third chapter of his game before taking off his headphones and deciding to see what Nemuri was doing. He walked out into the living room to see Nemuri sitting at the dining room table on her laptop, her thin rimmed glasses perched on the bridge of her nose, and she wore sweats and hoodie. He moved to sit next to her peering over to see what she was doing, Nemuri hummed glancing over at him and smiling. 

"Good morning, how are you feeling today?" Nemuri propped her elbow up on the table before resting her cheek in her hand.

"Better, I think I just needed some sleep," Izuku replied before looking back at her computer, "what are you doing?" 

"I had a few emails to respond to and a lot of hero paperwork I've been putting off," She sighed turning back to her computer, "but I'm pretty sure I'm all done now, what about you, what have you been up to today?" She closed her computer and leaned back in her chair looking over at him once again.

"I've just been playing videogames, trying to relax while I can." Izuku responded with a shrug, Nemuri nodded and smiled.

"Would you like some company?" Izuku offered her a smile and nodded, they headed to Izuku's room after Nemuri put away her laptop and Izuku grabbed them drinks and snacks. They settled on Izuku's couch with their drinks and snacks, Izuku opened his energy drink and went to take a sip when Nemuri made him pause, "have you drank any water today?" Izuku paused with the can on his lips making Nemuri laugh and hold out a water bottle. "Drink some water first."

Izuku rolled his eyes and pouted as he put his drink on the table and took the offered water bottle. Making direct eye contact with Nemuri he took a singular sip of water before trading the bottle for his energy drink. 

=

"Hizashi has been bugging me for your number so you guys can play games together," Nemuri informed making Izuku look back at her. Over the past 2 hours their spots had changed, Nemuri moved to Izuku's bed and curled up with the mass of fluffy blankets he always kept on his bed and Izuku had spread out across the couch with his own fluffy blanket he had to wrestle out from under Nemuri when she refused to move. 

"Alright," Izuku hummed turning back to his TV where he was playing Minecraft.

"Izuku," Nemuri chuckled, Izuku looked to her with furrowed brows, "I don't have your number."

Izuku paused, "you don't?" 

Nemuri shook her head with a laugh, Izuku sat up and set his controller on the table reaching for his phone. He held his hand out towards Nemuri for her phone, he just stared at him, silently refusing to move from her comfy burrow of blankets. Izuku rolled his eyes and climbed over the back of the couch before crawling up to where Nemuri was curled up. Nemuri smiled and handed over her phone, Izuku sat back on his heels as he added his number into her phone and then sent it to Hizashi. 

"I'm going to steal your bed," Nemuri muttered pulling the blanket laying over her up to her chin after grabbing her phone back from Izuku.

"I'll get you blankets for Christmas," Izuku laughed, he crawled back to the back of the couch before flopping over with a loud thud. He landed face down on the couch and let out a quiet sigh, he just let himself lay for a couple minutes until Nemuri piped up.

"You alright over there?" She called over to him and he just held up a thumbs up. He heard some shuffling behind him and turned his head to look out of the corner of his eye to see Nemuri leaning over the back of the couch looking down at him. "You sure?" 

Izuku hummed closing his eyes, he hated the fact he could be having a good time then his brain could just forget all of it and drop his mood. "Just having a dip in energy," He murmured, Nemuri watched him silently with a frown. She noticed he had random changed in energy and moods, one moment he's up and running around with the brightest smile on his face and the next he's completely silent with a blank expression on his face. She rested her chin on the back of the couch and drew circles on his back, Izuku didn't move away from the touch instead he let himself be silently comforted. 

"You hungry?" Nemuri asked after a few minutes, Izuku peeked at her.

"What are you thinking?" Izuku responded, his voice muffled by the couch cushions.

"Some greasy fast food, get some meat on your bones." Nemuri grinned as Izuku snickered and nodded in agreement. "greasy fast food it is!"

=

School was somewhat easier the next day, having spent his evening eating his weight in fast food with Nemuri at his side while they cracked jokes and watched movies. After finishing his homework Izuku decided to put his drawing tablet to use, having not used it in a couple months, he put music videos on the tv as inspiration and got to work. 

That's how Nemuri found him, it was quickly becoming routine for her to come home and see what Izuku was up to, she had knocked on his door but he didn't answer, she could hear his music playing inside so she opened the door and peeked in. Izuku was sitting at his desk completely engrossed in whatever he was drawing, Nemuri walked in and tapped the desk beside the drawing tablet making Izuku jump before looking up at her. 

"Whatcha doin'?" Nemuri smiled glancing down at Izuku's tablet.

"Drawing Orville Peck," Izuku hummed spinning his drawing pen around his fingers as he looked down at the tablet. There were a few model sketches, a couple different angles of Orville's head down to his shoulders, and a couple dots of colors Izuku was going to use as a pallet for when he finished. "I'm surprised I haven't drawn him before, his outfits and mask are really fun to draw."

Izuku clicked out of the page he was on and entered another that had a few different outfit designs. Nemuri listened as Izuku told her how he was using this to experiment with different color pallets and shading, she smiled at how excited he was to explain about something as simple as color pallets to her, he was slowly trusting her more and more and it made nemuri's heart warm.