3: The Feeling Is Mutual

There appeared to be a joyous party being held, with a group of Hylians clapping and playing music as some danced in a fashion (Y/n) was not quite familiar with. (Y/n) assumed that this event that she was seeing was going to be similar to what she had experienced during the Champion Festival. After all, all these connected dreams that (Y/n) had thus far seem to be related somewhat to whatever she was going through in her own life.

Looking through the crowd to see if anyone looked familiar, (Y/n) then spotted Sonia sitting on what looked to be a throne of sorts, watching the party go on with a contemplative look on her face. It looked as if her mind was somewhere else.

"What is the matter, my lady? You seem distracted." A young lady whispered to the pondering Sonia, who blinked a few times, before going to address the presumed attendant with a hum. "Yes, well, it is just that I had invited some guests to come to the Harvest Celebration, and they seem to not-" Sonia paused, as suddenly, her long ears appeared to pick up on a sound... A sort of whizzing sound in the distance.

When she turned her head towards the direction of the sound, Sonia gasped as she then saw what appeared to be two flying devices that headed towards the party, a sight the other attendees noted, before they were then rushing to take cover in a panic.

One of these strange flying machines that (Y/n) saw was careening towards the ground before crashing, launching it's user towards the sky momentarily before the figure crashed to the ground with a groan of pain.

The other flying machine, which was much slower, landed peacefully on the ground beside the Priestess Sonia, who was still baffled at what had just happened. "My apologies for our tardiness. There was a... prior matter that my brother had to attend to before we arrived here. I also apologize for him startling your guests." Mineru told Sonia with a soft bow of her head, as her younger brother was picking himself from the ground.

His long ears lowered in embarrassment as he overheard the laughter concerning how he had arrived. "Maybe there is a reason the rest of us choose to travel by horse!" One of the Hylians in attendance called after the man, only to be scolded with a look by Sonia as she went to approach Rauru. "Oh, dear. Are you alright?..." She asked worriedly, going to fully help him get on his feet.

"Y-Yes, yes... Just... a miscalculation on my part. I placed the rocket wrong on my Zonai device, causing me to lose control." Rauru scratched his head in embarrassment, before quickly turning towards his Zonai device, and with an outstretched hand, picking the device up with what appeared to be some sort of strange magic, that startled the guests even more as he was then appearing to reassemble the device with some sort of special ability that left (Y/n) speechless.

W-Was this actual magic at play?! How could he do that with his hand?! Was this an exclusive Zonai ability?!

Sonia also appeared amazed, as Rauru then made the device look totally different, before placing it on the ground, and wiping his hands. "There, that should do it..." He nodded at his work, before he was then addressing Sonia with a smile. "Sonia, me and Mineru are pleased to have been invited to your party. As such, I have brought you a gift of appreciation."

Then from a peculiar bag that he had in his possession, he fished out a bouquet of golden flowers for her, holding them out with a pink blush on his face. "I-It would be an honor if you take this..."

(Y/n) noticed how the male Hylians in attendance looked at Rauru as if he had grown a second head. This did not appear to be a simple thank you gift, and with what (Y/n) had recalled from her previous dreams, this appeared to be an attempt to court the Priestess.

Sonia seemed taken aback herself by the gesture, before a gentle smile appeared on her face as she accepted the bouquet from him. "...Rauru, you didn't need to get me anything." Sonia told him, her eyes going to look over the bouquet in awe. It appeared he really did find a way to acquire more of these rare flowers.

"Well, you have given me so much these couple of weeks, and I felt I was long overdue in returning the favor." Rauru smiled fondly back at her with a tenderness in his bright, blue eyes. "Have I?" Sonia questioned with a curious look, causing him to nod.

"You have taught me so much about the land, about its people, and I am forever grateful for it. Despite your busy schedule, you always made me feel at home with calls for tea, and the like." Rauru grinned at her, causing the other Hylians to murmur quietly amongst each other. What did he exactly mean about that? Were they really seeing each other that often?

"Why, of course. I greatly enjoy your company." Sonia responded back with a gentle smile, the two going to stare at one another, as the music then started back up again, a fact that Rauru took notice of.

"A-As further tribute to you, I would like to sing you a song!" He added, before casting a look at his older sister, who looked beyond amused over the situation. With an understanding nod exchanged between the two, Rauru and Mineru then got into position, with the male Zonai starting to sing, while his sister interpreted the music she was hearing with a graceful dance.

(Y/n) was in awe that the seemingly awkward Rauru had such a beautiful singing voice, and it seemed she was not the only one. The other people in attendance watched on in a daze, while Sonia appeared to admire everything Rauru was doing for her, while her attendant appeared absolutely dazzled by the Zonai. Eventually, Rauru even brought the Priestess into a dance, one that she seemed to favor very much as evident by the bright smile on her face.

(Y/n) would then find herself appearing soon in another place, finding Sonia sitting on a chair with the bouquet of Sundelions that were being held close to her chest. There appeared to be a... conflicted look on her face. Her expression felt quite familiar, as if (Y/n) herself had experienced it.

"Oh, my Goddess... Am I allowed to feel this way?... Would feeling this way stray me from your path?..." Sonia murmured to herself, going to look over the flowers once again, her hand going to gently run over the petals. "I... have never known a man with such a pure heart, someone who takes such heed in my every word. He would recall everything, from my love of song to my favorite flowers..." She mumbled, looking truly conflicted as she sighed, hugging the bouquet once again.

"But he is so very different from I... And I can sense the people's apprehension of the Zonai. I... am uncertain on how to proceed with these feelings. Goddess Hylia, what am I to do?..." Sonia sighed softly, as she was then putting the bouquet in a vase full of water, kneeling down before a goddess statue and closing her eyes in prayer.