Throughout the night, Billy tossed and turned. He had never taken it that far before and he didn't know what to do. He didn't have anyone to go to for advice so he had to figure this out himself. Billy waited until school started again next week before he spoke to you. You hadn't called him, went to his house, or invited him over the entire weekend. He felt empty; off.

"Oh, shut up!" He heard your familiar laugh from across the parking lot.

You were walking alongside a friend, playfully hitting each other and giggling. He noticed a part under your eye was darker. He wondered if that was from his idiocy.

"Hey!" He yelled to you, his voice sounding meaner than he intended. The parking lot went quiet as they looked in Billy's direction.

"Keep walking." He threatened as he walked past a guy staring at him.

The guy did just that, quickly walking off with the rest of the high school. Your friend looked at you, making sure you were okay before hurrying off as well. Billy didn't know what to say. He just stood there, holding onto his backpack strap as he stared down at you. He had been practicing in his mirror all morning while he fixed his hair and now that he was in front of you, nothing was coming out.

Billy couldn't describe the feeling he was having, even if you held a gun to his head and tried to force it out of him. He felt so conflicted. Since his mother left when he was a child, he was left to fend for himself with an emotionally unavailable, unloving, and abusive father. Talking it out was never heard of in the Hargrove household. However, now he was dealing with an sensitive girl who grew up in a similar household. She didn't know how to express how she felt or what she wanted. It's a shock they worked out for the past year through the present.

"Let me walk you." He tried to speak softly. Billy didn't leave any room for you to protest as he began to walk with you towards the doors. By now you would've grabbed his hand, his arm, his belt loop, anything to keep him close to your side. Usually you'd stare up at him, smiling until he asked why and you'd explain you were admiring the view or saw a curl out of place that looked cute. He felt confused. You just stared ahead as you walked, your hands in your jacket pockets.

Wait.

Billy stopped walking and turned towards you, his eyebrows furrowed. You weren't wearing his jacket anymore. You refused to wear any other jacket than his since he had given it to you. You wouldn't even wear your favorite jean jacket. But today, you were wearing just that.

"Where's my jacket?" Billy looked you up at down slowly, eventually starting to walk you again. You simply shrugged.

"I didn't think you'd want me to wear it." You took a deep breath, letting out a heavy sigh before he could talk again. "You don't have to walk me. I don't..you're fine. Go walk with Jason and them, it's okay." You shrugged once again, keeping your hands tight in your pocket.

To be honest, it made both you and Billy feel sick to your stomachs. Yours because you were so used to being touchy with him and him being on the receiving end. He always had an arm around your waist or a hand in your pocket. Any way to show off that you were his. If he did one thing, it was show you off like a trophy. Billy on the other hand felt sick because he wasn't seeing his girl claimed anymore. You looked like free game..and as much as he would hate to admit it, he missed feeling your small hand in his. The way you'd rub your thumb over the top of his hand to help calm his nerves as he walked through the busy hallways. How you'd kiss his cheek, smiling against it. He loved that.

Billy loved when he could feel you smile against his skin. Or even when you'd mess up his hair. He'd act like it bothered him but really, he loved when you touched his hair. It was something he took pride in and he wanted to look good for you. If you ever asked him if he was trying to dress up for you, he'd immediately deny it and kiss you to shut you up.