Personal Growth

Começar do início

"(sigh) I've got some stuff I need to take care of before I have to go back to school." I said, freeing myself.

"And that stuff requires you leave the apartment?" Dad asked, condescendingly.

"Kinda, yeah." I replied, sarcastically. Next, my mom stood up from the couch.

"You were attacked just days ago! You were in the hospital until yesterday!" Mom yelled.

"For injuries that have long since been healed." I simply said.

"You were stabbed and suffered multiple cuts!" Mom said again.

"Yes, but now I'm fine! God, we are going round and round here, Mom!" I finally screamed, irritated. My hostility was met with a smack on the back of my head from my father.

"You don't get to talk to us like that." Dad reminded. For a moment, I just stood there. Instead of getting more mad, I wanted to regain a little composure and try this again.

"I'm supposed to meet with a friend to test some support gear..." I began. My parents both reared back.

"I don't think so. There's not going to be another rocket boot incident." Dad ordered.

"Come on, I was a kid! And that only happened once!" I defended.

"Doesn't change the fact that you set part of that playground on fire." Mom countered.

"You have a fire-type quirk, Mom. Like you never accidentally set something on fire?" I argued. My comment got an unresponsive reaction from her that I found amusing.

"Why is this so important?" Dad asked, curiously.

"Because I don't want to get behind. I'm a Hero student. I need to find my weaknesses and figure out ways to get around them. Are you guys saying you're not going to support me anymore?" I asked, sadly. The two looked between each other before turning back to me.

"Where are you running these tests at?" Mom asked.

"The place Izuku and I have trained at lately; Takoba Municipal Beach Park. It's wide open and there's never anyone there." I explained.

"Is it Izuku you're supposed to meet there?" Dad asked.

"No, my friend Mei. She's in the UA Support Course and..." I started.

"Go. Now. It's fine. And remember to have fun!" Mom suddenly interrupted. For some reason, the second I mentioned Mei, she got all smiley and excited. Regardless of what her deal was, I wasn't going to let the opportunity slide by. I grabbed my shoes and took off. A few minutes of running later, and I was there.

"Mei! Morning. So, what do you have for me?" I asked, panting. She had a folding table with different equipment set on it.

"Okay, Y/N! First up, is this baby. I wore it during the sports festival obstacle race. You strap it on and it fires grappling hooks into the structures in front of you, to pull you forward at great speed." Mei explained.

"Yeah, I think I remember seeing you use this. Alright, let's give it a shot." I said.

"Unfortunately we can't fully test it here. This requires some type of standing structure capable of supporting your weight. Otherwise, it's basically cosmetic." Mei stated.

"Then did you agree to meet here if we can't fully test the equipment?" I asked, confused.

"This is a better location for testing my other babies: rocket boots and a rocket pack!" Mei exclaimed, giddily. My face turned almost green as I recalled my previous attempts with such technology...