Combat Training

It's day two at UA. I sat in class, waiting for something interesting to happen. "Hey, man, what was your name again?" the red haired guy asked. I was seated right behind him.

"Y/N L/N. How about you?" I replied. The guy somewhat pounded his chest with his hand.

"I'm Eijirou Kirishima! Great to meet ya! So, L/N, I'm curious, who did you get your quirk from?" Kirishima asked. Iida was to my right and decided to get in on the conversation.

"I, too, am curious, L/N. Is your quirk a combination of your parents' quirks? Or did one of your parents pass it on to you?" Iida asked.

"Call me Y/N. And to be honest, my quirk is kind of a mystery." I replied, scratching my head.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kirishima asked. I held up my hand.

"Well, my mom's quirk lets her light up her fingers like sparklers." I said. I did my best to imitate sparks coming from my fingers.

"That's kinda cool." Kirishima said.

"Was she a Hero at one point?" Iida asked, curious.

"Yeah, her quirk, Torch Fingers, was pretty useful for rescue situations. It let her finger tips burn at well over 1000 degrees. She used it to cut through stuff and get to trapped people." I stated. Iida looked like a lightbulb went off in his head.

"I knew that quirk sounded familiar! Your mother was the Rescue Hero: Torch!" Iida yelled. The rest of the class turned to the commotion.

"Yeah, that's right." I agreed, calmly.

"Why are you so calm about this?! Your mom was an awesome Hero, known for her Rescue skills!" Kirishima said. Others in the class started to chime in, agreeing. I chuckled at their excitement.

"Yeah, I mean, it's really awesome. It kind of gives me something to live up to. But, at the same time, that was a somewhat long time ago. To me, she's just mom." I stated. A lot of people nodded. They understood what I meant.

"Oh, wait. What about your dad's quirk?" Kirishima asked.

"My dad's quirkless. See what I meant when I said my quirk was a mystery?" I replied.

"Interesting. I wonder..." Iida began.

"I AM HERE!" All Might screamed. He had suddenly rushed through the door.

"All Might?!" The entire class screamed.

"I'll be your teacher today, for Hero basic training!" All Might said. A bunch of panels popped out of the classroom wall. All Might motioned to them. "These are your Hero costumes, as you requested them. Put them on and report to the training grounds." he said. Everyone was bursting with excitement. We had all sent in details of what we wanted our Hero costumes to be like. Now we would get to wear them! The whole class gathered at the training grounds. My costume consisted of; a black overcoat, black pants, black boots, a black belt, a black t-shirt and a pair of aviators.

(Just imagine Neo's outfit from The Matrix, but with aviators)

I also wore an upgraded version of my shock gloves. They were made by the Support Course, going off of my original design. Midoriya came out wearing an interesting costume, except the mask.