33. 1492. Quidditch World Cup

Start from the beginning

1492. Quidditch World Cup

Like mentioned previously, there has been a lot of interesting events during the first few World Cups. In the year 1492, the final match was played between England and Naples which lasted for three whole days. On the third day, England's Seeker, Archibald Godfrey, finally managed to capture the Snitch, but not the usual way. Once he saw the small golden ball glistening in the sun, he dunked towards it using his whole strength. Seeing as Archibald was tired because of the prolongated game, he fell off his broomstick from all the force he had used. Thankfully, Archibald fell directly towards the Snitch, capturing the golden ball in between the ground and his forehead and securing the win for his home country. The celebration lasted twice as long compared to the game itself and England's Seeker even promised to gift the Snitch to his old school, Hogwarts the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He claimed that Hogwarts was responsible for his love for the game and all of the success he achieved, so he wanted to give back to the ones who gave him everything. Although, it was not confirmed if Archibald really went through with his plan, England still welcomed him like a true winner once the Quidditch team came back home from Hungary.

As soon as James finished the passage, he stood up abruptly, "I found it.", he said in a whisper full of disbelief, "I freaking found it!"

Although, his happiness was short lived once he realized that he still didn't know how to open that secret passageway. It was quite a bitter-sweet victory because this meant his research wasn't over yet.

He decided to ignore the bitter part and just focus on the sweet, at least for today. Satisfied with the discovery he made, James gathered his stuff and, with Nix on his head again, headed to bed, but once he entered the bedroom, he realized someone was waiting for him.

There was a barn owl right outside his window, waiting to be let in. James immediately knew it was one of the Pettigrew owls since it had their anklet on its right leg. Once inside, the bird dropped a letter onto his bed and went to rest with Nix on the owl cage.

Curiosity sparked inside James since he knew Peter was coming tomorrow anyway, so why sent a letter the day before. Either it was something great or something bad. He sat on the bed and reached for it, then ripped the Pettigrew crest.

Dear James,

I have some amazing news to share with you! You know how me and my family went to the Lestrange wedding today? Well, like expected, Sirius was there and we chatted for a bit. His younger brother was there as well but he wasn't really the conversational type.

Then, all of a sudden, my dad approaches us with Orion freaking Black! And that's not the crazy part. Mr. Black literally suggested that Sirius comes and stays with me for a couple of weeks! Something about learning dedication, don't ask.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that tomorrow The Marauders can be reunited! If you agree and don't mind, Sirius and I thought that we could both come and stay at your place. Dad agreed as soon as we asked him, you know how much he loves Fleamont.

So, what do you say? Will the Marauders be reunited tomorrow? Please write me the answer as soon as possible. Sirius will probably be arriving around 11am, so you can expect us at 1pm, mom and dad will want to chat for a bit with him and get to know him properly.

Say hi to your folks and Nix, I can't wait to see you all tomorrow.

Peter