78 | OK OK HERE'S MY TBOSAS FIC IDEA

Start from the beginning

THE TENTATIVE EXTENDED SUMMARY:

FROM THE MOMENT SHE WAS BORN, it was written in the stars that Rosalind Ellewood would one day be the First Lady of Panem. More accurately, it was agreed upon by her father and Crassus Snow: their children would be married. Both families had the political power to ensure all steady rise to the metaphorical throne.

Rosie has lived her entire life knowing that she is unofficially betrothed to Coriolanus Snow, but it doesn't mean she has to like him. He's just as insufferable as most of her other classmates at the Academy— always gloating over his family's wealth and stepping on the toes of anyone who dared get in his way. She's never found his cold, steel-blue eyes comforting. His charm feels superficial like the hypnotic dance of a snake just before it strikes.

Personal feelings aside, Coriolanus and Rosalind are inextricably tied together by a string of fate. He has the wealth and prosperity of the Ellewood family to fall back on as well as a guaranteed spouse. She can rest assured that she, at least, knows her future husband. They've been living parallel lives for the past eighteen years, biding their time until Rosalind's father decides they should begin their formal engagement.

But the thing about the world is this: you can pick your spouse, but you can't choose who you fall in love with.

Sejanus Plinth is district-born, a tribute sympathizer, and an outspoken critic of the Hunger Games. He is everything her parents would hate, even aside from his family's wealth. And yet... Rosie can't stop her eyes from straying to him in class. She can't help that her heart beats twice as fast when he's in the same room as her.

He says everything she wishes she could. He is never afraid to speak his mind, knowing that no real repercussions can strike him. Rosie wonders what it would be like to break out of her shell and speak her mind— reveal to her family that she has to fight the urge to be ill every time she watches the Games. When she finally connects with Sejanus in their shared sentiments toward the districts, he's warm and receptive. And it makes looking at Coriolanus so much harder.

By the time she realizes she's head over heels for a boy she can never be with, it's too late.

————

Me knowing this fic will destroy y'all: