first impressions

• Dedicated to Ruby

Louis pulled up on the side of my street and stopped the engine. “You want me to come in?” Louis asks me, with a soothing voice.

“Yah, that would be nice.” I say, looking out the side of my window. Louis opens the door for me and unbuckles me, because the paralyzing fear has taken over again. “I’ll pick you up.” He tells me gently. I nod, barely. He slips his arms around my back and under my knees and closed the door with his back. We make our way into the lobby and head to the elevator. “What floor?” he asks me, once we’re in the elevator. “Floor four.” I say, barely a whisper. He presses the number and it jolts up, but does not affect Louis.

“What’s the address?” he asks.

“101” I say without hesitation.

He knocked on the door and when Derek opened it his expression turned into a picked one. I think, either he didn’t realize that Louis Tomlinson was holding me, or he just didn’t know what he looked like.

“Is she ok!?” he asked panicked.

“That’s for her to decide.” Louis said entering the apartment.

Louis set me down on the couch and let Derek wrap his arms around me, soothing me and trying to get me to talk.

“Thanks Lou.” I say looking up at him and giving him a half-hearted smile.

“Anything for you.” He says smiling down at me.

“I-is there something I should know about?” Derek asks slightly stuttering.

“Louis saved me, from C-Colton.” I hesitate.

“What did he do!?” Derek asked shocked.

“He tr-tried to r-rape me!” I sobbed.

“And Louis saved you?” He breathed in relief.

“yeah.” I say smiling through the tears that spilled.

“But you don’t like him.” I said, warning him. I really didn’t want to see his reaction when he finds out he’s part of one direction.

“Why would I not?” Derek asks me skeptically.

“Yeah why wouldn’t he l-like me exactly Sydney?” Louis asked nervously.

“Ummm… I don’t know.” I mumble, regretting what just slipped out of my mouth.

“b-because I know Harry?” Louis asks, now terrified. No! Louis! Why did you let that slip out!?

“You know him?” he says coldly. Louis backs up.

“Derek, don’t scare him, ok? He’s not like him.” I say siding with Louis.

“Why shouldn’t I? You’re part of One Direction aren’t you?” Derek shouts pointing a finger at him.

“What gives you the nerve to make her make up a stupid story that she got raped by Colton and enter our apartment!?” Derek shouts now, raged.

“I would-” Derek goes to say, but I cut him off.

“SHUT UP DEREK!” I yell. He looks at me, shocked.

“He did not tell me to lie! Why would you think I would do something like that!?” I say now standing up. Louis gives me a look to stay out of it, because he feels guilty. I ignore it, however.

“Louis and I danced together at the after party; he was just being friendly like the rest of my…friends.” I hesitate the last part, but I smile, because it feels good to let it out.