𝑺𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝟐𝟒

No proofread.

Delhi Police Station.

A crying Akash was dragged by two policemen into one of their cells after his "special treatment" and was shoved into the corner as he cried.

Fifteen minutes later, one of the police officers banged on the rails with his baton grabbing Akash's attention and he turned to find Mami with puffy eyes standing behind the policeman and he smiled seeing his mother.

With much difficulty, he crawled to the bars and pulled himself up as the police man excuses himself leaving the mother and son alone.

"Maa, see what they have done to me....... See, they are hurting your son. " Akash cried out hysterically and tried to reach out for his mother but Mami back away with a look of disgust on her face.

"You are not my son and I regret ever giving birth to you....... I wish I can hate you but I can't because I hate myself more for making you a spineless and vindictive person" Mami cried out holding her chest. "We had a chance to start all over again and I together with Anjali and your grandmother took the best of it and made our lives better........ You should have been I jail for trying to kidnap Khushi but you were forgiven by Arnav and Isha ma'am and yet you tried to plan and kill Khushi and Payal to get back at Arnav and Isha!....... I wish more than anything they give you the death sentence for what you did..... This is the last time I would ever see you...... Goodbye Akash Singh Raizada. "

Mami's words shocked Akash to an extent that he had to hold the bar for support.

Mami took one last look at Akash and walked out of there turning deaf ears to Akash scream of her name and his plead for forgiveness

Mami broke down as she walked out of the police station and unto the streets not caring that people were giving her weird looks.

She blamed herself for everything because she never really believed in Akash since he was born,to her Akash was the chance to feel what it felt like to have a son like Manohar was to his mother.

She knew Manohar never really loved her and only married her because she was pregnant with Akash.

To top it all off, she was taunted and harassed by Nani who was against their union - whether it was explicitly because Manorama was a servant, or because Nani didn't think Manorama was suitable as a person was something only Nani could answer.

Manorama thinks it was because of her status, something she can't control, and she clinged to that because the alternative is that Nani simply didn't like her.

She spent years trying to win Nani over but failed which made he frustrated and to top it all off, Manohar was an inattentive husband who never defended her because to him, providing financially for her was enough and he didn't make an effort to bond with Akash.