Miguel came up from behind the two boys. "Guys, look, they're just messing with you. Besides, everyone knows your names are Assface and Douchebag."

Delaney snorted behind her hand, placing a hand on Hawk's shoulder and turned around so no one could see her laugh.

The sound of the bell ringing made her turn back around, her smile fading when she saw an older guy walking into the dojo, a bag in his hand. "Jesus. Someone needs to get this man some retinoids. Or botox."

Hawk pinched her back, and she quietly yelped, slapping his hand away.

"Who's that?" Hawk asked, turning back to look at Miguel.

"I don't know," Miguel responded.

Delaney then nudged the Diaz boy, and they both moved to the side and walked up to the man. "Can we, uh, help you sir?"

The man chuckled, looking them both up and down. "No. But maybe I can help you."

Delaney face twisted into a bit of disgust, taking a step back and slightly hid behind Miguel.

"Hey," they heard Johnny say from behind them. The two teens turned, Miguel pointing at the man with his thumb. "Uh, Sensei..."

The mystery man walked up to Johnny, and the two began to converse lowly. Delaney and Miguel stood side by side, arms crossed over their chest while looking at the older people in the room with confused eyes.

"Who do you think he is?" Delaney turned to Miguel.

"I don't know...I mean, he could be Sensei's dad. Looks to be the right age," the boy shrugged.

She nodded. "Yeah, well, he also looks old enough to be his grandpa, so we can't just make that assumption."

Miguel snorted, lightly shoving his friend before they walked away.

"Class, we have a visitor," Sensei Lawrence said as they all stood in their respective spots. "This is Mr. Kreese. He's just an observer. Pretend like he's not even here. Mr. Diaz, warm them up."

Miguel listened, stepping up to the front with a stern face. His arms laid straight at his side, and he bowed, the others bowing back. "Fighting positions!"

They all took their stances. "Front kick! Yuh!"

"Yuh!" they all yelled back, kicking forward.

"Forward strike! Yuh!" the rest of them mimicking his actions. "Side dab! Yuh!"

Everyone except Delaney copied his move. She slowly got out of her striking position, confusingly glancing around the room. "Did I miss a memo or something?"

Miguel looked at her confused. "I made a groupchat with everyone. You were in there."

"Did you use the 8 number or the 9 number?"

"The 8 one."

"Mig," she groaned. "I changed my number, remember? So my psycho ex can't call or text me?"

He winced. "Sorry, Laney."

"What the hell was that?" the loud voice from their Sensei made Delaney stand up straight.

"We were just messing around," Miguel explained. "We have 11 and a half months until the next All Valley."

"Yeah, besides, we already know how to kick ass," Hawk smugly said, the other agreeing with him.

"Oh, yeah, really, huh? So, you know everything. There's nothing left to learn, huh?"

"What the fuck is going on?" Delaney turned around to Hawk and whisper shouted. He only quietly laughed to himself.