EP. 16 - Curse of the Second-Born

Start from the beginning

He panted from his burst of energy. "If you can defeat me, why don't you?!"

She smiled. "Because I'm going to help you break this 'curse' you talk about."

Celri blushed. "I think I'm more in love with you than before."

Niya laughed, her cheeks a bit pink. "If you used this confidence, you'll have no trouble breaking your 'curse'."

He smiled at her laugh. "When I do that, will you agree to be my wife?"

"I think it's too soon for that," she replied. "Besides, I have a boyfriend already. He's actually watching from over there," she pointed.

Celri turned and scowled at the group of young Saiyans, wondering which one was her boyfriend.

Roche smacked Goten on the back. "Aren't you going to fight for the Princess?"

Goten met Celri's eyes and the Prince knew. The half-saiyan wasn't worried, but he did feel a twinge of anger, to his surprise. Him and Niya had been dating for a long time, and they had many memories together. And even though, he was planning on breaking up with her, he still liked her very much as a good friends. But as they barely knew anything about Prince Celri, he was still untrustworthy of the Saiyan. "I would, but I don't need to. She's going to beat him anyway. But, if he wants to fight me after his match, I'll fight him."

Niya expected more of a rise from him, but she figured he wanted to remain polite. She put on a smile. "So, you see, you still have a long way to go if you want to win my heart."

Celri frowned at the arrogance of the boy. "Hmph. If you like strength, I'll get stronger. If you have any other desires, tell me, and I will fulfill them."

"Other... desires?" she questioned and blushed. What was she looking for in a boyfriend anyway? Someone kind and amicable? Her thoughts wandered off to Trunks and Mai holding hands, and when he gave her flowers.

The Prince found her embarrassed expression cute and chuckled. "I see you have a few things in mind."

Niya huffed and powered up. "Worry about yourself for now!" She charged up a giant ki fist and smashed it down on him.

Celri gasped and powered up to try to hold it back. "Hng!!" he strained. His eyes widened and his muscles trembled at the incredible strength and pressure.

Still, he couldn't help but be infatuated. The Princess truly was amazing, and he wanted to be amazing just like her.

Celri's sweat dripped down his face, and he watched as they splashed on the ground. Why was he trying so hard? He stared and realized.

I want to be great as well! he thought. The Princess will not be Queen, but she still performs as an excellent Jewel Wielder. I will not be King nor the Jewel Wielder, but I am still the son of the great King Sadala!

"Father trusted me to fight on behalf of him and our universe!" he raised his eyes to study the ki fist. "I will not let him down! I will show everyone my worth and contribute because I... am Celri, Prince of the Saiyans!!"

Celri's eyes strained, but then, he was able to see the connections of energy between the ki fist. He noticed the weakest bonds. "If I just...!" he charged ki at the tips of his fingers and jabbed the area.