2 • Visitor

Prerna's POV:

It's been a couple of days since the conversation. Things have been a little less awkward. We pass tight-lipped smiles, and I take out some time for preparing dinner. I have not resumed my job, there are a few more days before joining back.

I informed Saransh and as I had expected, there's no reason why he should have any issue with it. If anything, he expressed happiness to know that I will be investing time back in my career.

It's around 2 in the afternoon, I don't feel like eating much, so I made a street style salad for myself and headed towards the room for a nap. As I reached the stairs, the doorbell rang.

I wasn't expecting anyone at home at this hour. However, I decided to open up the door, in case it was someone important.

Opening the door, I found a middle aged man standing with a slight grin. His right cheek had a weird scar and he was dressed up in a decent shirt and trousers.

“Yes?”

Saransh's POV:

It was another ordinary day at office, everything was in the place.

It has been peaceful at home as well, I think Prerna and me have started to get a little used to each other's presence. The house doesn't seem as empty as it used to.

She will be joining her job as well in a few days, and I think that would keep her more occupied and less bored than now.

Work has started to pace up in my office too. There are a couple of tenders I need to review and sign off. I'm onto one of it when I hear a knock.

“Come in, please.”

I lift my head to see Raghu, my driver.

“Sir, ma'am has sent this for you”, he said handing off an envelope.

It's very unlikely of her to send an envelope in middle of the day so suddenly. I nodded and dismissed Raghu.

I was still wondering what could have she sent instead of calling me directly.

I teared down the envelope carefully and there was a piece of paper with a pendant wrapped around.

All my curiosity turned into an utter shock. There were red stains on the paper with a dreadful message.

Ansh,

Your wife is beautiful, it might be her this time.

Love,
Chachu.

I couldn't complete that sentence before the paper slipped out of my hand. For a second or two, my heart beat so wildly, I felt I could burst.

“Sir, your black cof–”

“Sir, Saransh sir!”

Shubham looked at me, and placed the coffee hastily to hold me back.

“What's going on, sir?”

All the words were stuck into my throat, I could hardly breathe.

“Ar..rang..ge for my..y ca..a..r, fast!”
I tried to sound as firm as I could.

I gulped down the entire glass of water to steady down my heartbeat and as soon as I did, the horrifying realisation dawned upon me.

How could Prerna send me this?

Oh God. Prerna.

I took out my cell and dialled her number.

It's ringing.