Chapter 11 - Spaces (Part 1)

Who's gonna be the first one to start the fight? Who's gonna be the first one to compromise? Who's gonna be the first one to set it all on fire? Who's gonna be the last one to drive away forgetting every single promise we ever made... We keep taking turns. Will we ever learn?

** EMMA's POV **

"Done." I beamed to myself as I looked at my finished paper due next week. I know that it's too early to work on this, but that's how I am and how I wanted it to be.

I don't know why but I'm the type of girl who's thirsty for knowledge and who doesn't like pending works. I want the works to be done as early as possible. I'd been like that since I started schooling. I'm used to it. I guess old habits die hard, huh.

I gathered all my things and returned the books I used to its respective shelves. I walked out of the library and looked at my watch.

It's too early to call it a day and I didn't have any agendas for today, aside from finishing all of my school works that I already did. It's Thursday, which means Bonnie's having a full day class.

I considered going to the lake and read a book there. Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all.

I was about to go there when suddenly my phone rang. When I fished out my phone from my pocket, I saw Harry's name flashing on the screen.

For some unknown reason, this made me smile. I remembered the night I spent with Harry at the lake. I wouldn't lie to the fact that he's fun to be with. He's sweet, funny, and... cute.

You could actually find yourself smiling by just saying his name.

Harry Styles.

See?

I answered the phone and greeted him right away. "Hey, Harry."

"Oh hi, Emma." He greeted enthusiastically. "Are you busy?" He asked with a hint of hesitation on his tone.

"Not really." I answered as I continue to walk towards the direction of the lake. "I just finished whatever it is that I should finish."

"Let me guess, school works that's due this week?" He asked.

"Actually, it's due next week." I laughed. "So, what's with the sudden phone call?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, about that." Harry started. "Oh god this is embarrassing." He murmured over the phone.

"Harry?" I called him out.

"Yeah. Look, it may seem that I'm taking advantage of the situation, but I'm kind of desperate right now. I'm sorry, Emma. I really am sorry." Harry's voice seems troubled and I couldn't help but feel concern about it.

"Hey, Harry. Is there something wrong?"

"Emma. Is it okay to use my first request?"

I was about to ask what he was talking about, but then I realized what he meant by that. I remembered that I owe him these three requests for poking his dimples.

"Okay, no problem."

"Okay." I heard him inhaled deeply. "We're kind of short in the staff right now in the coffee shop. Nana is not feeling well and I have to go to the grocery to run some errands. I know that you're going to start on Monday and---"

"Hey, Harry. It's okay. So you want me to start now?" I clarified.

"If that's oka---"

"Of course I'm okay with it. It's not like I'm busy or something. Besides, I'm really looking forward to work there. I'm glad you called and gave me something to be working on." I told him with a laugh.