Chapter 3 - Na Na Na

Chapter 3 – Na Na Na

We've got a bit of love/hate, you take me to the edge then you hit the brakes… We're like na, na, na… then we're like yeah, yeah, yeah… No, we can't make up our minds.

** EMMA’s POV **

(Emma’s Highschool Year)

“Notes. Pens. Nose stuck in books. Typical Watson.”

And the devil’s back again. Why wasn’t I surprise that he’s here? Oh yeah, because he was like part of my daily routine. There’s never a single day that he wasn’t here to annoy the hell out of me.

“Arrogant. Irritating. Infuriating git. Hmm. Typical Tomlinson.” I drawled, not looking up at him and just continued my scribbling.

Seriously, I didn’t have time for this. Could he at least try some other time? But who am I kidding! This is Tomlinson for Pete’s sake. Asking him to go away is like inviting him more for a feud-fest.

And that guy has a serious thing for mockeries and fights.

Then so just as I thought, instead of him leaving me alone, he pulled out the chair in front of me and sat down. I didn’t look up. I willed myself not to look up and ignore him.

“Nice. You’re learning, Watson. You’re finally learning the art of mockery. I’m impressed.” I just continued to be silent, wishing that this creature would go away and leave me alone with my homework. “So tell me, which one of these books taught you how to be such a badass?”

“Actually I don’t need books for reference. Just by looking at you make the words come out naturally.” I said with a smirk.

I gave myself a virtual pat on the back for slaying this git.

But of course, we’re talking about Tomlinson here. So instead of shutting his loud mouth, he laughed out loud. “I haven’t got any idea that I’m more useful than your books. To think that they’re the most important things in your life? My, my Watson. I didn’t know you find me more inspiring than those books. Oh, someone’s got a crush.” He teased in a singsong voice.

This guy really knows how to turn an insult into flattery, huh. God Tomlinson. What kind of cell does your brain made of?

I couldn’t take this anymore. I reached my limit. So instead of ignoring, this time I dropped my pen and looked at him. And of course, he was smirking like an idiot like he won an award or something.

“First, there’s no need to use a comparison. You’re nothing close to my books! You’re more like a waste of time.”

“Sounds like books to me.” He commented in a proud tone.

I rolled my eyes to this but willed myself to continue. “Second, you don’t inspire me at all. You infuriate me. You annoy the hell out of me. You---“

“I bring out the best in you.” He finished with a triumphant grin.

“No! You bring out the worst in me.” I groaned out in frustration.

“Na. More like I set fire to your boring life.” He challenged.

“Yeah right! You set fire to my nerves!” I bit out with rage.

Jeez I was trying to contain my anger and not to fully shout on him, lucky for him that we’re at the library because if not, I would totally have a full-blown wrath on him.

Tomlinson let out one of his famous smirk. God I wanted to wipe that smirk off his damn face. “You mean like a burning passion?” He wiggled his brows at me playfully.