─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the decision to leave was made quickly. after calling my dad, he wanted to see me as soon as possible, but he was quiet when i mentioned the new name that would be coming with me. packing my things, i asked jean to come over to distract me from the low hum of nerves. this wasn't a normal visit.

"he really shouldn't even be going with you," jean complained, packing all of my makeup into a bag. he wanted to help out; but i'd have to double check everything. he's probably grabbing all the wrong products. "i called you over to help me pack, not question my decisions."

his movements stopped, he started at me, trying to gauge my features. "i'm just saying.. you should be more cautious around him." his fingers twisted around each other.

moving my hands in a 'talking' motion, i spoke gibberish to mock jean, "panties in a twist?" he stood firm even with my jokes. his face was serious, "he's never hurt me," i continued as the closet flashbacked before my eyes. i pushed the memory away quickly; he didn't do it on purpose and i was fine, i reminded myself. eren had gone out of his way on multiple occasions to ensure my safety; jean was just anxious.

"it's not eren i'm worried about. it's what comes with him," i got the feeling jean was talking about more than just bloodlust. did he know about his family, too? jean and i were both hiding things from each other; unsure of what we knew, and too scared to speak of it.

"yeah, i'll be cautious, okay?" i said to keep his mind at ease, "but it's just a short trip to rose. you know nothing happens there." jean shot me a glace, remembering the time we went with connie and sasha. "right.. nothing," jean laughed at the memory.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

the drive from oregon to washington was long. the hum of the road allowed me to sleep for most of it; leaving eren to drive the distance. it was the first time in a while that i had consistent and undisturbed sleep. as soon as my eyes opened; i wanted to keep them closed forever.

eren drew my attention away from sleep, looking over at me, "morning," he joked as i noticed the sun setting behind us. his body was stiff in his chair, features slightly strained. "are you nervous?" my voice came out groggy, i coughed to get rid of the remaining sleep in my body. he shot me a look of offense, trying to relax in his seat more. it didn't make as much of a difference as he thought.

"no definitely not," he huffed a laugh through his nose. " what's your dad like?" his tone was casual, but it confirmed that he really was nervous. "ha!" i pointed at him, to mock, but he kept his eyes glued to the road.

i pushed the blanket off my body, leaving it in a heap at my feet. i stretched the rest of my body in the uncomfortably small space. "liar," i muttered, shaking my head at him. "he has kind of a dry humor, always makes me laugh," any sort of actual humor was drained when my mom left. i notice he's more cheerful when i come back after not seeing him for a few months. "but he doesn't like boys coming around.." i had to stifle another laugh.

i knew he wouldn't like eren. the only boy he ever had liked is jean, for whatever reason. he just about kicked connie out on our last visit, and considering his favor to jean i don't doubt he'll give eren a hard time. i wouldn't tell him that, though...

"so i'm fucked, basically," he sighed, looking at me. his face contorted further in nerves, and his hands gripped the steering wheel. i could tell now that he was sweating lightly. i hadn't really thought about the connection between the two, but i was now. his dad killed mine's wife. yikes. the fact that he volunteered to come suddenly took me by surprise.