01 | PARTIES AND DECISIONS

Start from the beginning

"You have nothing to worry about babe" Caleb turns around and rested his hand on Adeline's face and leaves her a quick peek on the lips "Now let's head inside"

She could never have imagined that that night would change her life forever.

2023: ACTUALLITY

Adeline O'Connor

Adeline O'Connor

I'm all set to spend the evening in the best possible way.

I have the place, I have the outfit, I'm totally ready.

Ready to spend the entire evening watching my favorite show.

I throw myself on the couch snuggled up in my cozy blanket, I relish the warmth it offers on this chilly winter night. Clad in my beloved pajama set, each thread familiar against my skin, and a bowl with a couple of snacks that my nutritionist would not be too happy about.

The last thing left I have to do is press the play button on the TV remote cont-

Ding Dong

My head rises in the direction of the door and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I'm not expecting anyone in particular, maybe they have the wrong address. I shake my head and put it back on the pillow where it was before.

DIIING DOOONG

"Alright! Alright! I'm coming!" I exclaim, this time, not only lifting my head, but my whole body as well, leaving the blanket and bowl on the coffee table.

When I get to the door I take a quick peek through the peephole -in case it's some crazy fan who has discovered my address and wants to kill me, you never know-. But the moment I recognise the person behind the piece of wood I hurriedly open the door to be greeted by a very enthusiastic face. A slightly shorter red-haired girl with a huge smile and luggage in both hands is standing in front of me.

"Your favorite person is here!" announces the redhead, setting her luggage on the floor before opening her arms, ready to be greeted in a hug.

Natalie and I have been friends for years. Natalie is a stunning Portuguese model who works for famous brands all over the world. She usually spends most of her time in Paris, where she actually lives, but when she's not shooting for a magazine, she hops on the first flight out to LA to spend some of her free time at a party or just a casual night at my apartment.