Emma starts crying, alex runs over, and I take her out of her carrier and cradle her in my arms. "It's ok baby" I say, rubbing her back.

"Can I hold her" alex says, holding his arms out. "Be careful" I say, as I gently place emma into his arms and he starts calming her down. After a few minutes she calms down and everyone is looking at alex and Emma.

I take out one of Emma's pacifiers and I gently put it in her mouth. "She's so cute" alex says, smiling as he hold onto her hand.

"Mom can you and dad have another one" alex says, and mom pouts. "Alex I would love to have another one but I think me and your father are done having kids" mom says and alex frowns.

"Hey listen, you can visit Brook anytime you like, just give her a call" dad says, and I nod my head. "Yea you can come over anytime" i say, fixing Alex's hair a bit.

He passes emma back to me, sits down and after a little, our food comes out. I cut up Lillian's pasta and she starts eating and I cut my burger in half.

We all start eating and talking, when a glass falls, causing Emma to cry. "It's ok baby, it's ok, your ok" I say, patting her bum and she starts to calm down.

"You hungry bubba, let's get you fed" i say, grabbing one of her bottles out of her diaper bag, I take the cap off, rub the tip on her lips and she latches on, starting to drink.

I keep eating and talking with mom and dad about just life. "Mommy mommyyyyy I wan see Funnes" lillian says, pouting a little.

"Well um I can call him and ask when he's free" i say and lillian smiles and goes back to eating. "Your one hungry baby huh" i say, smiling as I place her in her carrier but still holding her bottle up.

"This food is so goooooooood" mom says, making me laugh a bit as I drink my wine. After a while of talking, we get the bill and I try to grab it, but mom takes it.

"Mom no, let me pay" I say, trying to take it from her, but since Emma is now in arms sleeping, I don't want to wake her. "Nope, I'm paying, I made the plan, so I pay" mom says, starting to take out her wallet.

I nod at noah and when mom was looking away, Noah goes to grab the check, but mom grabs his wrist. "I'm paying" mom says, and Noah sits down.

She hands the waiter the check with her card and lillian is now irritated since it's past her nap time and she's full.

We all leave and say our goodbyes. "Bye brook" alex says, while signaling me to bend down. "Can I call you tonight, I need to get something off my chest but I can't tell mom or dad" he says, starting to fidget with his fingers.

"Of course alex, you can tell me anything" I say, hugging him and we part ways. I get lillian in her car seat and then I attach the carrier back to the base and secure it. I get in the passenger seat and Noah gets in the drivers seat and we start to go home.

(Time Skip: night) (time 11:24 pm)
I wake up to my phone ringing, making me groan and rub my eyes. I grab my phone and see that it's Alex. I accept the call and quickly leave my bedroom.

"What's up alex, sorry I didn't pick up faster, I was asleep" i say and all I hear is crying. "Alex, what's wrong" i say, starting to worry.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" alex says, his voice cracking, sounds like he has been crying for a while. "What's wrong alex, why are you sorry" I say, starting to tear up.

"I can't stop, the pain feels so good, the blood dripping down my arms, but I hate the sting, reminds me that I'm still alive" i cover my mouth so I don't make any noise, tears now running down my face.

"Alex, I'm picking you up" i say, grabbing my keys, wallet, and I get my crocs on. I rush into the car, drive to my parents house and I see alex crying, sitting on the steps.

He walks over, gets in the car, and I drive to the nearest empty parking lot, I park, and turn on the lights.

"Show me your arms" i say, trying not to cry. "I can't, brook please" he says, choking up on his tears as he cry's. "Show me Alex" i say, starting to cry and alex pulls his sleeves up.

He slowly shows his arms, breaking down more as I take his arms into my hands. His arms covered with lines, old and new ones. One of the caught my eye as it was kinda stuffed with some gauze.

"What is this" i say, gently moving his arm and he screams and cries harder. "I cut to deep, it's healing just stop touching it" he says in one breath, bringing his arms back, pulling his sleeves down and covering his face.

"Alex" i say, crying as I pull him into a hug, and rub his back. "Why didn't you tell me or mom sooner" I say, pulling away. "I didn't want you to worry and I don't want mom to send me to a mental hospital" he says, breaking my heart.

"Mom would never, remember I got pregnant at 17 and mom was so supportive, she went through the same thing as you, she used to self harm, alex your not alone"

Alex looks at Me, his eyes red from crying, and he hugs me. "I'm sorry" he says, sniffling. "It's ok alex, let's get some food and you know what, let's get some ice cream" i say, and he smiles.

I get him and me Taco Bell and we both eat while listening to music and then we went to Walmart, got ice cream and ate it in the car.

After that, we threw our trash away, and I started driving back home. "Wait don't I have to go home" alex says, watching as we pass the turn to moms house.

"Your staying the night with me, you can stay in the guest room and I will text mom in the morning" i say, smiling as I keep driving. "Thank you brook, your the best sister ever" he says, hugging me and I smile more, knowing that he's happy.

Once we got to my house, I park, we get out and go inside. I give him some of Noah's old clothes which were kinda big on Alex and Alex goes to bed in the guest room.

I go my room and I see Noah awake feeding Emma a bottle. "Where were you" Noah whispers, as I take off my bra and get in bed.

"I took my brother out, he had to get something's off his chest so he called me, he told me what was wrong and I decided to take him out to cheer him up, he's sleeping in the guest bedroom now" I say, and Noah smiles and kisses my head.

"Ok well I'm glad you and him are safe" Noah says, placing Emma back in her crib and then he get in bed and we both fall asleep.

I hope you guys liked this chapter, it was a long one so I really hope y'all enjoyed it, but anyways leave ideas for the next chapter
🏳️‍🌈stay fruity🏳️‍🌈
2040 words