Chapter Four: Making You Like Me, Making You Like Me

The drive to the forest would have seemed calm to an outsider, but only Isha knew what she was feeling inside

The drive to the forest would have seemed calm to an outsider, but only Isha knew what she was feeling inside. She had fantasized about being alone with Shubman Gill until the realization had hit her that she was actually alone with Shubman Gill. The Shubman Gill.

"Isha?" His voice cut through her thoughts as she found him staring at her.

"H-haan, I just zoned out, what?"

"Seatbelt?"

"What?" Isha repeated, still processing his words somehow. Shubman said nothing, leaning over and bringing her seatbelt over her body to fasten it in the cavity between them. She felt the heat radiating from his body when their bodies were close, his arm brushing past her breasts slightly. Her heart raced inside her like it could sprint out of her chest any moment.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at her face which she realized had heated up; and he could probably see it too.

"Yes." She tried her best to sound 'okay' but the squeak in her tone killed her act. Shubman let it go, either brushing it off as nothing or knowing it was the fangirl in her trying to come to terms with things and choosing not to mention it and embarrass her.

Isha had to stop herself from looking starved as she caught herself nearly drooling while watching Shubman drive. She looked towards her window and bit her lip as his hands on the steering wheel clenched when an animal almost caused an accident running across the road.

Knuckles turned white, veins showing through strongly that creeped up the lengths of his hands. The sleeves of his white button up shirt were folded up to his forearms, muscular tanned skin peeking underneath the cloth in a nice contrast. A hand momentarily came off the wheel as he ran his fingers through his hair. Isha wished it was hers. The way his shirt tightened against his biceps when he folded his arm, she was reminded of those mirror selfies from his Instagram. She straightened up in her seat as if that would miraculously clean her brain of these thoughts Shubman's presence was creating for her.

In her head, she felt the warmth of Shubman's hand on the gearshift between them. It had creeped up to 'accidentally' touch hers, before intertwining their fingers together. He had brought her hand up to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on her fingers before abruptly stopping the car on one side of the road and tugging her towards him. Fast forward, she was on his lap facing him with his hands resting on her ass comfortably. He had brought a hand up to her face to caress her jaw as he pulled her into a passionate kis-

A sudden clap in front of her eyes brought her back to reality. It was the second time in the last thirty minutes.

"You don't seem fine. Ghar drop kardun?" Shubman asked, genuine concern in his eyes for her.

"No no no, sach mein, I'm okay!" Isha reassured.

"Okay, we're here." Shubman said.

"Ok," Isha responded meekly while looking down.